who wants to work on a 94 probe? gas issue.

So my gf has a 94 ford probe. The car is as of right now having problems starting up because of a lack of gas to the engine. we believe the issue is with the fuel pump.

so pretty much, anyone that does side jobs, if you want one please pm me, car is located in lancaster, we will tow it to the location, but its a matter of how far.

can you hear the pump prime?

When you turn the key ON, should hear a small “whine” from the rear of the car

my first car was a 1995 probe gt. i liked it a lot.

how many probes do you see driving around?

exactly. get rid of it. they are nothing but problems.

could be a relay too. :gotme:

honestly i cant completely remember, i will definitely be taking a listen for that later today. her father i though did that and made it sound like it wasnt, but who knows with her father! lol

edit: not a relay
also yeah , i know she needs to get rid of the car, its a pile. she just has money issues and was actually going to get a different car but now cant afford it.

GT? my ex g/f had a 1997 probe gt and it had issues starting… you could always pop start it, but sometimes under the power of the ignition, it wouldnt start.

They replaced the fuel pump, distributor, plugs, wires, safety switch, etc etc… nothing ever solved it, she ended up selling the car.

Umm how about borrowing a fuel pressure gage, before you go throwing parts at it. There should be a schrader valve on the fuel rail making it extremely simple

your not helping me much. lol im hoping that doesnt happy or ill be hearing about this for along time. haha

ill see what i can dig up on that.

The cutlass I’m driving now was doing that before. When you turned the key, the pump would start spraying gas through the rusted hardlines and all over the ground/sparetire area.

Geoff would prolly lend a hand after he rolls his lawn

Not sure if this year had it, check for a fuel safety(inertia) switch in the owners manual. Make sure it did not trip if the pump is not kicking on.

pic of said GF then we talk about working on the car

is this sarcasm lol

the fuel cut off light came on but not when the issue started, once we kept trying to it on once it was back at her house.

lol and what would the wife say about this? haha :walter: