Why do people need others to hold their hand?

Don’t even get me started on common courtesy either or even logic. I could go on all day.

The people that you ask if they want anything else before you ring them out with a line behind them. And as soon as you do they figure out they want another item to add to the list. Guess what to the back of the line you go if you want a other transaction. You had your turn, you said no, now it’s their turn.

If I’m holding out my hand to get your cash and you just throw it, don’t expect me to hand yoy your change back, it will be thrown just as well, change including.

No you can’t park in the middle of the lot even if it’s just for a minute, it’s not a parking spot. I’d like to go 120mph by a cop too “just for a minute” it don’t make it right either way.

Jesus you cry alot :lmao

I see all sides.

1. V, you have far more ability to be there. Period.
  2. Fucking lottery tickets… fucking stop it people
  3. Have yiur fucking money out of your wallet cunt, before the total… you should have a clue as to an approximation. Cuntface
  4. FUCK you pre=pay mother fucking gas stations. eat a dick and die. I purposely wont tell them my pump number… Its all i have in retailiation… they dont need my business, so its all I got.
  5. Use a catchers mit when shitting in public, the splash water on your hole might not be as clean as you hope,…even if you flushed before you shit.
  6. I hate number 6
  7. For the love of God, please start pumping my fucking gas for me if I want that option… shits fucking cold out lately. Lifes a pecking order.
  8. Fuck them fucking lottery fucking number picking smelly state worker wannabe jobless fucking fucktard digit lovers.

k, done

I spent over $8k a year on gas, 75% at Hess… just cause I pissed there tuesday, and didnt buy dick, doesnt mean I am not a customer. I am not born a fresh pretty new slate every fucking day.

Vlad, I love you man… enough that look what you did to me. I dont swear. Much of what you say makes complete sence, minus the parking thing. I own the open space. lol

/thread

+rep to Jammer

yay me

+1.

I’m currently compiling a report on a problem my machines have been having which network support is unwilling to look at. I just keep getting blown off and told that it’s a desktop support issue, which it is not. Once this email get sent out, shit is going to hit the fan on their side.

I know my job. I do my job. Now f’in do yours.

Or another example:

I was in Concord, NH for 2 days at a remote office of ours last thursday and friday. They changed some stuff on the remote website my 2nd day there (after I did all the work the 1st day) and when I called in inquiring on where I need to go now (they are always changing which sites our agents should be using) I was basically told I’m crazy and that nothing changed. This lack of communication between top desktop staff and top network staff is going to be brought up in a meeting soon as well.

F’in ridiculous.

I’m sorry man, most of the time you make sense but this is ridiculous. You could NEVER run/own/operate your own business with this line of thinking. There is NO harm is having a non-educated customer or a customer who just needs help.

I had a customer about two months ago. Old guy, used to serve in the Navy. He called me EVERY single day about the same problem with his computer, which ended up just being an issue of him needing to learn. He would call me about the DUMBEST shit. But did I just tell him to go figure it out himself? No. And mind you, it was VERY frustrating at times having to hold his hand. But here is what I didn’t do. Complain and tell him to do it himself.

And guess what. Because I was one of the only IT Consulting companies to do that for him, he ended up landing me a ton of business through people he knew because he was so impressed with the way we stuck with it.

You view on this is quite frankly the most lazy, ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you don’t like customer service, don’t do it. IN this case you are wrong. Very wrong.

Working in IT support IS holding people’s hand right after you did just that same thing last night, cuz you know what? Theyre going to call you tomorrow with that same exact problem.

No, it dosen’t matter what industry you work in. You just don’t move along with the type of thinking you have presented in this thread.

Let me ask you a question: What HARM will come from helping someone out? Even if it means holding their hand? I can’t think of any, because if you go out of your way to help someone, they will tend to remember that. And instead of stopping at Allah Ashids gas station up the road, they are going to come back to your because all they remember is a friendly, helpful staff.

Going along the same line, what GOOD will come out of not helping someone, even if it means holding their hand? There is nothing that I can think of, rather than, you didn’t have to take an extra two breathes to explain to them where the bathroom is.

Unfortunately, in todays business world your line of thinking is very popular with most employees, and that is not acceptable. In order to stand out I do things that other companies aren’t doing right now. Rather than have my employees dressed in normal clothes like most places, they HAVE to dress up. The office HAS to be clean and comfortable, and the customer service HAS to be top priority. Why? Because people remember that shit. They remember the nice clean, respectful, helpful, well dressed people who helped them and will want to business with them rather than a bunch of whiney, dressed like they hate their jobs, disrespectful people.

oh, no no, i didnt mean to come this way. all i do is help here at work. im always doing shit im not supposed to be doing, just because. im just saying that it happens a lot and it will happen, its just how people are. if youre not in that mental state where you realize this and are willing to deal with it, you’ll need to find a different job. theres a million different job out there, but a lot of them are similar in a way that youre dealing with people all the time. especially things like retail, where youre always dealing with different people. yea, theres a few regulars, but for the most part its all different people. i used to work retail and customer service and stuff. i know exactly how it is. you NEED to be able to just help out with the stupidest most obvious things. exactly like Vlad mentioned, if theres a GIANT “restroom” sign plastered on th wall right in front of their face and they ask where it is, just tell em. you guys remember how in the movie clerks Dante has to tell people how much things cost when theyre clearly marked? same thing.

I’m not wrong, this goes along with the line of thinking I present most of the time, you just fail to see the big picture.

Do not stray off the original subject - I’m not talking about refusing help in educating consumer and helping them out when they are not educated on the matter.

I don’t understand how on Earth you fathom and justify calling the employee lazy when the customer is asking to have his feet kissed. IT IS NOT something that’s a part of the employee to fetch the product for a customer thats out on the floor.

Disagree with me?

Go into any gas station, come up straight to a register and when it’s your turn in line and you stand there empty handed, start barking off “I need a snickers bar, bottle of pepsi and a 6 pack of Coors”

once the laughter dies down, and the angry mob behind you who got their own shit is kind enough not to kill you, you will be pointed to where it is so you can grab it.

Try that same trick at Walmart, HomeDepot, Pricechopper anywhere and you will always be kindly directed to where it is, but you can’t just stand there and expect everything to be fetched to you.

You do not have any rights as a customer. A business allows you to be there as long as you don’t impede the process. It’s not your right to shop at a private business they let you. Small businesses will kick people out left and right - bars and clubs, mom and pop stores if the customer gets loud, or just refuse service in the future. Corporate and chain stores however where the management doesn’t deal with the public and is money hungry changes the rules and says customer is always right.

The customer determines what kind of service they are going to recieve.

If you’re a dick to the people taking care of you, expect to get dicker back. Call it what you want but you’re dealing with people and a thing called life and that’s what happens.

If you’re a dick to a cop you’re going to get a ticket.

If you’re a dick to a waitress and piss off the cooks bad enough expect your food to be tempered with.

Treat other people how you want to be treated an old saying goes.

If you’re a proper person and you treat me with respect you get respect back and proper service. You give me shit, expect to have the same back.

What if I’m a color blind guy behind the register, who just started on the job, has bad vision and doesn’t know car manuacturers, what are you going to do then? Make him come out and look at your pump number because you were too important to do so when you were next to it? What if he’s alone and can’t leave the store? You ain’t getting your gas then.

You can call me wrong all you want, just do be surprised when you get treated like shit at places. *

My parents didn’t even know that you’re allowed to walk in without knowing the number, that’s how I grew up. Call it culture, call it proper parenting but that’s what Im used to - self care.

^ Good post, Vlad.

+1 nice reply!

I am not taking sides with this. just making a statement.

If people thought in their head “How would I feel if what I am about to say to this guy/girl right now was said to me???” PRIOR to speaking I think this world we live in would be a much better place. Forget about the “ohh I thought you could take the ball busting” or the “Yeah but he/she asked for it…” bullshit. Assume that the cant take the ball busting and that they didnt “ask for it”… and then think it over in your head.

If the result is “it might piss me off, or I might not like that being said to me” DONT FUCKIGN SAY IT TO THEM!??!?!?! simple concept.

It blows my mind why people still act like dicks in public for no justified reason. Your standing in line and there are 10 people behind you. The odds are against you 11:1 that they too will agree with the bull shit your about to throw at the counter clerk. I have yet to see someone step out of line unjustafiably and spout off at someone just te recieve a “at a boy Jr.” and a pat on the back.

Just like he said, most people reply back to a dick head comment with yet another dick head comment… its nature to do so and is usually done to teach the first offender a lesson at their own game. Not saying its wronge, becasue it is just one way to try to put a stop to the dick heads bull shit.

With that being said, I think people need to find new cunning ways to take a stand and put idiots back into their place, with the motive to try to make them a better person so they dont continue to make the world we live in every day worse.

IDEA: Guy walks in and slaps 20$ on the counter and says gimmi some gas on that red car. Guy at the counter says, I see there are more than one red car out there, what pump number are you at? “I dont know its that one and points” Counter guy says, let me go take a look then. Plays with the video camera behind the counter for a second, looks out he window for a second, and fumbles around a little more untill the customer asks WTF are you doing man give me my gas I dont have time for this.

Clerk can just reply in a nice manor “Sorry kind sir, but normally all the other customers look at the pump number when they get out of the car and are ready with that information when they ask me to buy my gas. I understand you were thinking that you could save your self the extra effort, but you see now it acutally wasted more of the time that you could have saved.”

Teach them a lesson, but be respectfull in the same way. It will get under their skin and maybe they will think twice next time.

Been there done that ^ :lol

whenever they say “that one” my “that one” always happens to be different than their “that one” and they have to go back in or somebody else pumps their gas :ponder

Whole lotta whining going on up in hurr.

:rofl Exactly! nice simple to the point and complete fucks them over , I like that move alot!

Oh I could write an entire book on the passive agreessive techniques we use.

If a customer is on the cellphone we will not talk to them at all, even if they ask as a question, and when they put the phone down we just say we weren’t sure if they were talking to us or the phone and we didn’t want to interrupt because that would be rude.

Or when they point to a random pump and they say they don’t know the number I ask them if it’s the Northwest one most, Northeast, Southwestern most pump etc to “narrow down” the selection.

• rep to Vlad on the above post.

haha your more of a dick than I assumed… and that’s a compliment! :thumbup