Wilson Circuit TT #2 - 9/2

Hehe I see you know him. Yea Gary’s co-driver was a local guy that shares a kart with his family, he was still blowing doors off running around 1:01.3 . Whats funny was during the practice rounds they were running autox compound tires on the kart track. Anything like a hoosier A6 or similar softness does not last very long under the hard continuous laps of the kart track. So for the comp runs they switched the car over to some harder road race compounds and still set times below a minuet. For comparison I think the very fastest kart class runs high to mid 50’s at beaverun on the same course we ran. Some of the karts in other classes with average drivers still clock times just ahead of our fastest “fendered” cars. Still as we keep holding events we expect to see times drop. The kart course is nice for comparing mods or setups since it never changes, its the closest thing autoxer’s have to a drag strip as far as testing parts/setups is concerned. I dropped almost 3 seconds with switching to race tires. I expect to drop even further next year if this rear spring change works out. My fastest on race tires is a 1:07.4 and 1:10.2 on street tires in case anyone was wondering.