Wilson Circuit TT #2 - 9/2

nice pictures

Wilson Circuit looks like a blast.

I am so dissappointed that I missed this. Had to work.
Chris, I saw the times on RPA. I suck! Gonna try to make it out to NP for some more events in the Miata. I don’t suck as bad there. Maybe I will do an event in the Subie just for the hell of it.

Pat! I thought you sold the Miata? I’d buy that car if I had the money & room its still a pretty nice car. Yea we had a good event this time around, you should still bring it back out next year.

great shots

nice pics!

I still have it. I though 1 guy from RPA was going to buy it but he backed out. I haven’t tried real hard to sell it. Not sure what I want to do. S2000, 350Z, 335i?? So many numbers to choose from.

Z06.

-TJ

Never thought about that. Whole lotta bang for the buck. Time to check the classifides

Since pictures kick ass, another one of our guys just got his posted up. Thought I would share!

http://autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=340

I’m still amazed that we had a NSX show up and run just in the morning and nobody got a shot of it.

Its not the best, but I did get ONE picture of the NSX.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1048/1339019610_2fb7255006.jpg?v=0

Hit me up if you have any questions on them.

What was FTD?

_TJ

59.271 set by the C-Mod car with Gary Godula driving. He’s won some tours and does some road racing in a similar car so that was no surprise. Under competition the fastest car with fenders is a street mod LS1 camaro of all things with a 01:04.6 (though that was set at the event earlier this year). At this event the Locost (Lotus 7 looking thing powered by a 2.2 S2000 motor) ran a 01:05.1 . And the Orange Elise ran a 01:05.3 in competition, though during practice I heard he ran faster than the lap record it was a low 1:04 something.

Come on, give the Camaros credit. :wink: You’d be surprised how close the ESP cars are to me on a regular basis.

-TJ

No shock there. Cuz has been National Champ 9 of the past 10 years.

The road racing’s been in the same car, different gearing.

Hehe I see you know him. Yea Gary’s co-driver was a local guy that shares a kart with his family, he was still blowing doors off running around 1:01.3 . Whats funny was during the practice rounds they were running autox compound tires on the kart track. Anything like a hoosier A6 or similar softness does not last very long under the hard continuous laps of the kart track. So for the comp runs they switched the car over to some harder road race compounds and still set times below a minuet. For comparison I think the very fastest kart class runs high to mid 50’s at beaverun on the same course we ran. Some of the karts in other classes with average drivers still clock times just ahead of our fastest “fendered” cars. Still as we keep holding events we expect to see times drop. The kart course is nice for comparing mods or setups since it never changes, its the closest thing autoxer’s have to a drag strip as far as testing parts/setups is concerned. I dropped almost 3 seconds with switching to race tires. I expect to drop even further next year if this rear spring change works out. My fastest on race tires is a 1:07.4 and 1:10.2 on street tires in case anyone was wondering.

missed it shit…

Is there going to be another one of these this year??? :fingerscrossed:

Haha alot of people have been asking me that question. Beaver really enjoyed us doing the program, apperently they have been wanting to do a time trial on the kart track for some time they just never got around to it. We’ll see at least 2 events next year. I told them if they had any cheap rental dates for the whole kart track in the fall to give us a call.

I game for that I cant get lost on that

was a fun event. I think I had a 1:10xx on street tires.

will do them next year, hopefully!