window tinting

hey anybody here ever used or heard of Custom Auto Tinting at 4345 Steeles ave? or does anybody have any places they would recommend for window tinting? thnx

tint king… i went to the one in mississauga, they did a great job.

Some people have had bad experiences, others have had good ones, mine was good.

cool… i’ll check that place out too… yea… i had a bad experience with audio heaven… up in richmond hill… that’s why i want a GOOD job this time… anyone else have any places they’d reccommend? btw thnx for the heads up 240sxfan

DO NOT go to tintking…way back they tinted my uncles windows(dad took it there got them tinted as a gift) told the guy keep it legal but as dark as u can…yep month later he gets pulled cop asked You didnt get it done at tintking did u? THey tell u one thing then put sumthing else on your car. I got mine done there(didnt kno this story my dad told me until a few days ago) and it came off passenger side door within a month…no biggie cought it early superglued it…not noticeable…4 months later a DAYY before the labour warrenty expired it came off my drivers side when i put the window up reaaal bad. Brought it back they re did my window…1/2 ass job my panels were scratched as f***. And he bitched at me sayin im a stupid kid slamming the door which is why it came off…if it was to come off at all it would be within the 1st few weeks…i do Co op at car decor and my manager does the BEST job ull get around…and if u dont like it he’ll take it riight off that same day and do it until u like it. Lifetime warrenty around 230 bucks…30 bucks more than tint king 10000x the quality. www.cardecor.ca i tried getting a bunch of ppl in on tint didnt work out just say Devin sent u.
-Devin

if i get pulled over and hassles the last thing i have to worry about is my tint hehe

strange… i spoke to the guys at first, they explained everything. Work was excellent, no scratches except the ones that were already on the glass, paid 230 got the jet black tints with bubble proof, peel proof, colour fade proof, and scratch proof with full lifetime warranty

did if at the begining of the summer, stored the car in nov. and still haven’t seen a bit of peeling or anything on the tints…but like I said, some people have had bad experiences and others good ones… same with any place of business

ya my buddy got his car done at a tint king in oshawa. they seem to do good work there. will prolly get mine done in the spring.

My friend has a 05 subaru. had his windows done in the mississauga shop. he also had mistery scratches appear inside the “brand new” car after he picked it up.

I was in the passenger seat about a week ago, rolled the window down, and it started peeling on the bottom, and the rear window has quite a few small bubbles starting.

they said they’d fix it for free. he still hasnt gone.

but the point is, warrenty is good, but its still hassles if it fucks up once a year, and you have to keep getting it fixed.

could it just be the person who applied the tint?

I geusse it depends on the mood of the person tinting the window. the solution of babyshampoo/water plays a factor, how they peel the tint apart before they apply it to the inside of the window how well the inside window was prepped how clean and dust free the environment is. how well the water/shampoo was removed between the film and window and using this stuff that activates the films bonding agent along the edges of the window will greatly help us with our 240s cuz theres no window frame…so technicly when ur not supposed the be opening the window for a week we are doing every time we close the door…look at the door close it comes in then slightly moves when it fully closes. IMO im never going back to tintking…atleast the mississauga one i was insulted when he gave me BS told me hes never re-doing it if it screws up…itswas my fa not like it ult!?! f*** him he lost my busness and my buddys who would have gone there because their out there and people kno the company.
-Devin