Windows slow as Fcuk!

Tonight it was about -3c and I went to roll down my window (using the automatic down) and it stopped about 2inches from being all the way down and it did this about the first 3or4 times then it went down all the way everytime after that. I think I need a new battery cuz I can’t even leave my lights on for 3 minutes without my car needing to be pushed started now. But even after the window(s) would go ALL the way down when both of the front 2 windows got down to about 2 inches from the bottom the motor sounded/sounds like it is going to die completely (the motor for the windows), what is causing this, cold, battery, or something else?

Oh and also when it gets down to about the last 2inches the engine seems to bog and the lights go a bit dim

Mine does that. But only when it’s colder than -20.

Well I’m not sure but it sounds like your battery is crapping out on you. Carry a set of jumper cables, you never know when you’re gonna need them!

What a strange problem, especially with the motor running. You’d think that the alternator would make up for the power losses to the window. Have you checked the fill level in your battery? The stock ones from Nissan aren’t maintenance free ones for some strange reason, even my mom’s Murano battery.

So your saying Nissan Batteries never need to be changed.

No, all I’m saying is that they’re the ones with the little water reservoirs in them.

I find it strange that our batteries are the same age and yet yours is crapping out. I mean, I know you have significantly higher mileage than I do, but it’s just weird.

Yeah I KNOW do you know if they are covered under warranty. I’m sure they’re not cause well Ford never warrantied my battery in my last vehicle. Maybe i’ve let the battery die one too many times, and they don’t like being boosted.

Just ask. I’m sure mills will. They have replaced stuff i’ve broke befor under warrenty.

Mines probably been drained a dozen times since new and still takes a charge like a new battery. My 03 battery still goes strong.

Seems strange to me… if your car is running, the cars power is Almost totally coming from the alternator, a battery is just a storage device…nothing more… yes the batterys there to leave a charge on the system so that things will work, like your power windows and lights, etc. but when the car is running power power just runs though the battery… So… if your cars running and your windows wont roll down, id get some checks done to the charging system in the car… could be something more than just the battery… and because of the bad charging system the cars battery could be have been effected, meaning it wont hold a charge anymore…

good luck!

My windows have been tempermental in the past. They always go down, but sometimes you’re liek , c’mon already.

My stock battery only lasted 2 years. Had to recharge it a few times when I was having some issues starting the car (unrelated problems) and it wasn’t long before it was gone.

Also, my SAFC and another volt meter I have says my voltage drops to sometimes 13.1 while I’m driving. Had an alternator check done at nissan and they said it was fine and that those readings were completely normal, but there are cars out there that I know hold the volts at 14 and above while driving. Don’t know what the deal is with that.

most alternators do put out 14.some-odd volts… but 13.1 isnt bad at all… as long as its not like 9.something… LoL then your F***ed, but again i say you should get your entire charging system looked at…