winter 07-08 v.poor predictions

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to start a thread about snow in Buffalo, but I have to say that every one of our “winter storm warnings” this year have been staggeringly inaccurate. I know that weather is very complex and that things can change at a moments notice, but their accuracy this year has been nothing short of awful.

Now, I don’t really care other than the fact that I’d prefer a big snowstorm just because its more interesting than some damp roads and cloudy skies, but I see all these places cancelling their activities because of the 1’+ of snow that we’re supposed to get, and every time it ends up being an inch or two. Like the rest of our previous ‘storms’, the weather we’re seeing now should have been passed off as a typical winter occurrence. Missing by a bit is one thing, but I am really losing what little faith I had left in our weather forecasting.

Shrug. End rant.

Well it all depends on where you live.

Buffalo is too far north most of the time to get the real bad weather.

And how can you threat the snow?

I feel like I should change my major and be a meteorologist. It’s like the one job where you are wrong most of the time and still get paid for it. Well, I know there is more too it…but seriously.

it goes back to the october storm, they never knew that freak storm was going to happen and they are kind of just watching their backs now. i guess its better to be prepared for it just to be let down. its almost like, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Agreed.2006 too,mainly October.LOL

I drove out to North Tonawanda tonight from Lancaster,roads and visibility were good and nobody was on the road.