winter driving with adjustable coilovers?

i’m going to have to swap my dropzone d1 coilovers onto my R/T in a week or so. they are pretty stiff no matter what dampening I set them at. But do you think I should set them at full soft? Then what should I do for ride height? obviously lower is going to be bad. so should it be stock height? or maybe raised up higher than stock?

this would be a really dumb move… they will look like they layed out in a junkyard for 4 years after the winter salt is done with them

full soft… stock height

why do you have to swap them on? i’d just get stockers, i’m with violator…

Junkyard stockers FTW…

:word:

You don’t want that shit in the snow. Plus you’ll ruin them too.

why put them on in winter?
wait till its nice out

I think you should use them in the snow. Then you can write up a detailed review and put it in the DIY section :tup:

i already made a write up… its on neons.org
the reason i’m putting them on is because they are on my project neon which i’m selling in a week or so. the guy doesnt want them so i’m putting my mopar hi-rate springs and stock struts from my R/T on it for him. so I have to put those coilovers on my R/T. I dont really feel like goin to the junkyard its cold out. its already gonna be a pain in the ass just doin that to 2 neons out in the cold.

Keep your car clean

full soft

stock height

i would go higher than stock ride height if the coilovers allow it and full soft…like howie said…when u can run it through a wash that sprays the underside…or use the self wash ones where u can make sure u clean teh Coilvers nice and good…and spray some PAM or Tire Gloss on them it will preserve them

look at it this way … i’m got ym civic on the road with sportlines and KYB AGX’s and i’m hating life … stock performance for life

well joe…whatever u decide, MAKE SURE YOU swap that passenger side upper strut mount on the 95 b4 u put the coilovers on…remember the one we got off my shell isnt to good. but u should really make the trip to m&m stop being a pussy bout the cold… :lol:

sounds like you just volunteered yourself to help me then

yea i was thinking about that upper strut mount… i might just go to a parts store or dealer and get a new one

i always see your car in the parking lot, but it just clicked in my head that it was yours, looks nice…(go with the stock springs)

why not…i was there for the install…o wait it was warm then… :lol: ill help i guess, the new strut moutns are only like 30 bucks if i remember correctly…cause yvonne needed one on her neon, so i called autozone and what not…youll be better off doin that

then you’d have positive camber. bad.

my winter car is lowered like 2". I love it. rwd 5 sp with snows.

life is lovely

so its only a little + camber

the camber can be adjusted with these coilovers

how do you adjust camber with an adjustable spring perch? does it have an adjustable camber plate where it mounts to the shock tower or something?

let me repeat for the literacy impaired… coilovers in the winter are STUPID