Winter driving

Hey everyone! I’ve recently bought a 1992 240sx hatch with an sr20det engine. I just want to ask if any of you guys here drive your 240’s in the winter? I can only afford to pay for one car, so i’ve decided to drive mine this winter season. I got it rust proof of course and I’m getting my winter tires in the next couple of weeks.

make sure it’s got enuff weight in the rear,
u need good weight so it’ll help with the traction in the snow/slippery surfaces…

hmm, any SR people like to tell their experiences?
good luck, just make sure ur easy on the throttle,
weight in the rear, good winter tires.

& WELCOME TO THE SON240 COMMUNITY :slight_smile:

This is like the 5th thread I’ve seen for this in the last 2 weeks.
More weight isn’t necessarily a good thing, since it means when your back end goes, it REALLY goes. You’re smarter just to invest in some very good winter tires and not drive like a fucktard.

thanks for the replies. i will keep that in mind.

good winter tires and easy on the throttle… and NEVER drive too close to the car in front of you… also if you can’t move on first gear just do it in second gear… weight on the back is not really necessary, it might even give more momentum if you slide out— not good !!!

dont put anything heavy in the trunk!!! it may seem like a good idea for traction but as soon as u slide (you will trust me) ur ass end will just whip out and ull be doing 360s down the road in no time… good tires and good driving is the best thing realy

get good winter tires.

use common sense.

don’t drive like a retard.

i drove my sr hatch all winter last season. all you need is some winter tires…i did it all on a vlsd and now welded diff with no problems…just control and common sense.

Just like any slippery weather condition, easy on the throttle and easy on the brakes.

yep.

and don’t get over-confident.

you know, the thought process, or lack thereof, that puts you in a ditch with the rest of the over-confident drivers who commonly sport SUV’s.

240sx is the best car to drive in the winter

handles great

i liked the aw11 mr2 better but the 240 is definitely an amazing winter car

i found today a really slippery day

i almost ended up in an accident today driving my SUV

i was going over the bridge on markham and finch, and i dunno what got to me but i just blanked out for a sec i was goin around 70-75kmh and there was a honda civic that came outta nowhere so i put on the brakes tryin not to lock the wheels but it ended up lockin on me, i turned towards the curb, went up the curb, got back on the road and drove off without damage to anybody.

…It wasn’t slippery at all today, I’m gonna say you were driving too fast for where you were. I was on the 401, and all over, all day today, and I had no issues.

And as far as winter vehicles, 1986 Dodge Ram, no weight in the box, and bald, crap-to-begin-with tires on the back trumps all.

pete you drive a 40 foot cube truck on the 401 you cant talk about havin problems lol

It is not 40’, and if anything it’s worse than a car.

what is it then? 39? haha