WNY SCCA Solo Event 2 - ECCN 5/18/08

Work is sending me to a conference in Boston on Monday . . . so I’m going to run with NER at Devens on Sunday :smiley:

don’t worry, I’ll be back for good after that!!

Of course it’s always different jackass, but on WNYSCCA I think rushman stated they wouldn’t be having the “intersection” so close to the middle of the course, and the course would return to a more traditional format with the “intersection” occuring much closer to a turnaround.

:spunk:

“traditional” style, that’s how we get the fast throughput and tons of runs for everyone!

Everyone in SM will get one cone just for you.

how about a long straight se we can see who can bring the powah!

Rob, nothing about you is ever going to be straight and long. You impotent irish-cursed fool!

Hopefully things will be fun for you, but be aware, what I’ve been hearing out of that region is not very positive. Long events, typically 3 runs, and overrun with process/politics.

:snky:

I have a conference to goto too for work… ;(
But seneca I may actually be driving a car at least :snky:

I’m on their mailing list, it sounds like they have more drama than we do (or, people are louder). But given the choice between a mediocre event at a great site, or no event at all, I’m going to give it a shot. :gotme:

Sounds like the right decision to me :word:

har

My standard offer stands.

If you want to auto-X and don’t have a car PM me. (novices with less than 3 events)

seriously man, just show up on time and run. This is last close event for a little while, and I GUARANTEE if you run this event you may be motivated enough to travel farther to run again soon. Everyone there will help you out, and almost everyones attitude is extremely positive towards n00bs and you won’t feel retarded and worry about how your doing. You’ll be concentrating on what to do to get better.
Everyone always seems to be a little shy and nervous their first event out on course. But once they take 2-3 runs they are super happy they came and tried it out and are then pissed that they didn’t try it sooner. (Kinda reminds me about sex :wink: )

Anyway, be there and become part of what it’s all about. Once you’ve tried it, you will relize how boring it is to just watch and not drive too!

56 and showers between 10am and 2pm is the forecast right now. Don’t think I’ll be going.

Maybe the weather will look better tomorrow morning though.

:word:

its definitely always a good time, always lots to learn and cool people to hang out with. And on days like tomorrow everyone gets the added bonus of watching jackasses like me getting sideways all day trying to run too fast on bald r-comps in the rain

+1 for jackass.

Yeah, and today was supposed to be rain and thunderstorms… I think it drizzled for a hour tops, and it’s sunny now
I should have been a weatherman…

I opted not to go. Don’t want to run on street tires AGAIN, and don’t want to chance driving on the victos, plus with how low the “tread” is, I don’t even think they’d make the drive out and back.

About 2/3rds through my work assignment (we ran heats so work was for 3 sets of runs) I was wishing I would have stayed home. What miserable weather.