WNY SOLO Novice school

Thats easy enough. consider it done dude!

[quote=“sureshot007,post:78,topic:26610"”]

in ST classes, you are allowed to replace you cat with a high flow, and remove multiple cats. So as long as you have at least one, you are fine.

[/quote]

that sucks that you’re allowed to remove multiple cats, yet you have to keep the cat in the stock location. Weren’t there a protest at the nationals about a civic si w/ the cat in a different location, when it was currently first place in points?

[quote=“sureshot007,post:80,topic:26610"”]

Accessport -> stu map for race day, flash when done.

[/quote]

Truth.

However, read this first: cobbforums.com

And the most important part…

Fuel Requirement: Requires use with ONLY Sunoco GT 100 high octane,
street legal fuel.

ugh that blows. im just gonna use the stock map then.

[quote=“longuyen88,post:82,topic:26610"”]

that sucks that you’re allowed to remove multiple cats, yet you have to keep the cat in the stock location. Weren’t there a protest at the nationals about a civic si w/ the cat in a different location, when it was currently first place in points?

[/quote]

Yeah, I think that happend in 2005. Too bad too, it wasn’t all that far off either if I remember right, and was really just a brain fart on the instalation. But rules is rules. I mean at a local event I’m sure no one would care about something like that, but when your at Topeka, and there a National Championship on the line, they’re gonna be strick about the rules. Especially if its a car where there’s prize money.

Thought these may be helpful for classing questions:
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/2007/CarClass2007.pdf

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/carmodandclassification.pdf

You can get 100 octane at the delta sonic on transit near sheridan.

rushman you’ve got an email. :wink: Anybody know if there are still spots available for Novice School? I just got the OK from the little woman to be busy the weekend before our wedding! :smiley: :whip:

So I’m reading the Solo II Novice handbook and registered at wny-scca and will be spending some time over there reading. I think fairgentlemanz posted something about what class you fall into or something :stuck_out_tongue: so I’m guessing that there is plenty of info easily found that will tell me what to check and make sure is kosher on my car.

Anything else in particular I should know about?

EDIT: Sweet I’m in! Now I’ll have to see about making it to some events before hand. I didn’t realize that the school was after the first couple. :tup:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:89,topic:26610"”]

Anything else in particular I should know about?

[/quote]

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=506683#post506683

There are still spots left in the novice school, so feel free e-mail me to sign up. autocrosser@gmail.com

I’ll be there helping work :tup: I’m very excited to give back to the Novice program in thanks for all the help they gave me in my Novice season.

Come on guys, sign up for event 1! Again, we will have instructors available at all events, no need to wait until the novice school to have fun

so whats the final verdict of price and location and date? id like to do it but i have to make sure my car is good to go

Next Sunday, April 22, at ECC North. If you plan to run, show up between 8 and 9, depending on how much you want to walk the course, and how much crap you have to remove from your car. $20 members, $25 non-members.

As for your car being ready - does it run? Is it safe to drive? Then you are all set! Your car only has to pass a basic safety inspection (seatbelts present and working, wheels on tight with all lugnuts present, battery tied down properly, nothing in car that isn’t secured, gas and brakes work without sticking, etc). Don’t get stuck in the mindset that you need a fast car for this - autox is a driver’s game. A good driver in a slow car will beat an inexperienced driver in the fastest car. So show up, learn, and have fun!

sniffle Stupid Porsche has to apparently “special order” a few parts to fix my convertible top. Gonna be 7-10 days from today, which brings me in tight to the Novice school.

Baring any complications I should have the car back, but even if I don’t have the Porsche, I’ll still come to help out. Maybe someone will feel sorry for me and let me borrow their car for a run or two, or at least let me ride with them :smiley:

I’ll be there… Hopefully I wont have to run on my street tires.

[quote=“Silver,post:96,topic:26610"”]

Gonna be 7-10 days from today, which brings me in tight to the first event

[/quote]

fixed… novice school was moved to june, yo!

Oh damn, I am all sorts of mixed up. Ugh, give me till the 17th, then I hope my head will be back on straight.

I just wanted to be post #100 in the thread.