wonderful day

Truth.

After being out here in Oklahoma (for law school) only a few weeks, I get pulled over. I was pretty amazed that he pulled me over at all, I had no idea why to be honest. Turns out that when I turned right on red (after coming to a complete stop, which is rare as it is for me) he claims I didn’t signal. I have no idea, I probably didn’t, I do that a lot. No problem turning on red, just the signaling. A bit of a departure from PA cops, at least for me. Suffice it to say I don’t grab tire into 2nd very often in this town.

Anyway, he sees the PA tags, I have all 4 windows down on the 540 when he gets to the window and I have all my **** ready. He goes back, runs it, sees I’m legit, and lets me go with a warning, (possibly because of the extra paperwork for out of state crap, I’m not really sure). He didn’t ask me if I’d been drinking…which I had, so that was a bonus.

I don’t get much hassle in the Bimmer, but honestly I don’t get hassled by cops much at all, even in my 20% tint DSM back home.

I did get nailed on the parkway in my Dad’s black A4 going 75 when I was in high-school. My parents were in the car I was going with the flow of traffic. He had a trainee with him and I got zero wiggle room. That was kind of an expensive fine.

Seriously though, nice car seems to help…most of the time anyway, unless you piss the cop off by being a snobby bastard.

To the OP, I would consider getting a lawyer. Sure it’s a few hundred bucks you might not have to spend, but if you lose your license it would be way worse. It’s kind of like insurance, you know you’re getting screwed, but you do it anyway so you don’t get screwed worse than you have to be.