work hard play hard?

when im in buffalo i have a lot of responsibilities with the corporation and office work etc, so about every month or so i need a vacation. traditionally i go to miami every yr to kick back, but lately ive had to manage the properties so business follows me down there too. went to europe a month ago, but that ended up as a business trip as well. i tried to get to vegas july4th for a good time but there are so many stupid fucking people there that you cant even walk in a straight line without some hicks stoping infront of you to snap pics. my vaca now is going pretty well in utah even though its tiring–it hasnt been under 100deg since ive been here (if you like rafting, mountain biking, off road 4x4 stuff, etc), but ill be back in buffalo for 3 weeks in a couple days.

what do you guys do to relax in buffalo? im open to a lot of things, but id rather avoid tons of people like thurs at the square. i try to go to ellicottville every week, and its not like i have a boat or anything so… lemme know what you guys do to kick back…

(villa in utah, chilling in the hot tub = relaxing, everything else = not)
http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/4084/dsc06072ae0.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6459/dsc06074zf4.jpg

hummer off roading was cool
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3314/dsc07137qv8.jpg

i thought this was a speedped thread and i was like, “more like you need a day to relax after working those hot deep fryers”.

to answer your question, i go to starbuck’s and have a 2 dollar cup of coffee when i’m feeling baller. otherwise i just sit in my apartment and study or grace various forums with my presence and save my money.

[quote=“Dex,post:2,topic:32250"”]

i thought this was a speedped thread and i was like, “more like you need a day to relax after working those hot deep fryers”.

to answer your question, i go to starbuck’s and have a 2 dollar cup of coffee when i’m feeling baller. otherwise i just sit in my apartment and study or grace various forums with my presence and save my money.

[/quote]

psh i work deep fryers too. its tough work. jk, i actually work grill most of the time and it aint no fast food joint either. i actually get decent pay and its hard work lol.

but to relax in buffalo? i usually go other places to relax lol.

Being a line cook blows

man i wish i had as much time to play hard as you do.

i am jealous which is why i will tell you that you play harder than most people do, for working just as hard.

if i could take the trips you take i would be a very happy man. instead i get to chime in on threads about going to a new pizza place on sunny grand island. your utah trip sounds incredible

the only thing cool i do to relax is go to elicottville. i don’t even get down there as much as i like to anymore. i can’t justify what it costs me in gas to go down there these days.

my getaway time is going out to the little coffee shops none of my friends know about and sitting there by myself for hours at a time reading a book or something.

^ what coffee shop?

I need a vacation.

[quote=“Zong,post:8,topic:32250"”]

I need a vacation.

[/quote]

x2, i haven’t gone on a vacation since april last year, and I’ve only taken 2 days off in between :frowning:

Thats :pimp: being able to take a vacation once a month.

:rofl: Sounds like you do more hard playing than hard working. But hey, good for you. What do I do to kick back in Buffalo? Won’t really help you much, but the most relaxing things I do that come to mind are:

-Walking the dogs
-Hanging out at the in-laws on GI (they live on the water and have a boat at their private dock, hot tub in the back yard, '07 M Roadster in the garage, always have good beer and good food. I seriously have the coolest in-laws ever.)
-Drink at chill bars, the kind you can actually hold a conversation at
-Volleyball
-I just bought a queen sized hammock which, it turns out, is the greatest thing ever
-Yard work, gardening, home improvement stuff is relaxing as hell to me
-Autocrossing is the best stress burner I’ve found in a long time

None of this really helps you, but that’s what I do to relax in Buffalo so maybe something will inspire you. :gotme:

i like to drink beer when im bored, but you can do that anywhere…

Fishing, drinking, sketching, volleyball, and wrenching on the rides are pretty relaxing for me. So far as places go, maybe kick it down to Chataqua Lake (I butchered that one, lol) and grab a cabin for a day or two. Alleghany State Park? Get in a hot air balloon ride with Great Lakes (plug :stuck_out_tongue: ) or kick it to a suburban bar, like Brew Pub, etc.

My last vacation wasn’t even in this millienia :mad:

Ahhh yes. I dont really work hard at my jobs but I work a lot. My vacation will be a 10 day stay in a $9,000,000 beach house in Naples, FL at the end of the month. :slight_smile:

[quote=“The_Russian,post:4,topic:32250"”]

Being a line cook blows

[/quote]

fuck yea it does. lol

3 years of doing it= teh suck

the utah trip is/was 10x better than vegas, if you like outdoor stuff. today i did westwater canyon, it has class 3&4 rapids, so it was pretty fun. yeah if anyone mountainbikes i try to shoot down to e-ville once a week, i wouldnt mind tossing another bike on my car…

the hammock idea is pretty chill, i have one, but usually look at it from my grill instead of lying in it, its basically for other people to use. i got into flying model airplanes this summer, crashed 2 already, but i have to say thats relaxing for 30min every couple nights. thanks for the good ideas :wink: i dono if anyone is into it, but i used to kickback at the indoor driving range when the weather was shitty, but im sorta bored with that now

Speedracer - I ride hunters creek 3 or 4 times a week. Still haven’t treked to E-Ville yet amazingly.

Always looking to meet some new riders and get to know some new people.

I ride a $250 Fisher hardtail (poverty, I know), but I’d be willing to ride down there sometime!

As for playing hard, I have a buddy that says he is moving to Whistler, BC this winter, and I’m hoping to blow my $1200 tax return on at least 2 weeks off of skiing ridiculous shit there and getting wasted at night.

i drive.

going to jersey this weekend for a vacation called waterfest :biglaugh: i’ll want to die after.

i just chill out in my back yard, maybe go for a swim. Then go out to dinner

If I get down to Chautauqua anytime soon we can take my dads boat out. He lives right on the lake there, and is one of most respected guys down there.

His neighbor owns one of the boat shops there and also lets him take out a few of the baller boats whenever.

If I ever get down there, you’re more than welcome to join. (of course I dont have the time to go often at all)