Worst corporate policy ever.

They took away our trash cans. I repeat. They have removed all trash cans from all offices.

They replaced them with smaller containers to encourage us to produce less waste. How small?

Oops Geoff’s trash is full! Time to stop working and go empty it in the central trash can down the hall!
http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9412&stc=1&d=1242918405
What the fuck.

this is a joke right? haha

so…what did they do with the trash cans? Throw them out?

I would use it as an on the job beer cup.

well when youre done with your gum, q-tips, toothpicks, stickynotes, etc…you wont be a litter bug.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL … they took away all of our plates/cups/ forks/spoons/papertowels on tuesday and said we need to bring in our own shit

2 years ago we paid 2 bucks a pay check for the said shit they took that away saying we did not have to pay this and they would supply it to us … now look

haha, they did the same thing to us…and to top it off, they added containers around the building where we have to seperate our trash into plastic, paper and “other”. Our new cans are close to the same size.

I keep forgetting that my regular bin isn’t there and just throw my shit on the floor lol.

I had to empty out my cereal bar wrapper just to fit the coffee cup in there!

lmao

You should have all the girls in the office fill them with bloody tampons as there “trash”…that would get the point across.

we have a recycling bin next to each of our trash cans that gets collected each week. seems like a smarter way to go

They took our Styrofoam cups a few months back and replaced them with… well, smaller Styrofoam cups.

LOLOL

I’m going to hid mine.

Seriously though…
How much does it cost to get all the phd’s and engineers to empty their own trash every day…

:picard:
“Green program”… lol
Greenbacks maybe…

Put them in storage.

Here’s further icing on the there’s-no-way-this-is-really-happening cake: Our corporate doctor was consulted and he claims there will be no health risk from having all these little trash cans without liners full of tissues and shit. Our corporate doctor is, I shit you not, Dr Peter Griffin.

I am laughing at your expense.

Well lets see:

My time costs roughly $2/min. If I emtpy my trash after breakfast, lunch, and the end of the day that’s 3 x 2min x $2/min = $12/day. Plus a daily washing to achieve the same cleanliness as a lined can is going to be another 5min x $2/min = $10 dollars. So $22 dollars per day. The cleaning lady that could empty it once at night is probably paid $8/hour, it takes her 2 minutes, so that’s 27 cents.

So this “Sustainability Initiative” spends $22 dollars per day versus $0.27 per day. Plus the cost of plastic cups.

:bloated:

We NEED spaghetti diagrams showing how much walking/socialized will take place because of this.

billable PhD time is what? $200/hr?

I hope they put those near the coffee stations too.
That should be nice.

Considering how much time you spend on NYSpeed, that’s the least of their issues.

We are the complete opposite here. I just found out recently that our recycling bins are for decoration. They get emptied into the garbage like everything else. :banghead:

I can see why your place is doing it. But it’s def a pain in the ass.