Wow I love being ripped off

Yep so a fellow member of this site has officially scammed me out of $150 but its worse. Gambino (Rob D.) cashed my check over a month ago for a fender and filler panel he was supposed to send me then dropped off the face of the earth. His last message to me was that the stuff was on its way via a courier company, who had no record of anything in the mail for me after it “got shipped” which tells me that he lied about shipping it before disappearing. The $150 i can handle, but I also lost a $500 downpayment on having my car repaired as the parts were supposed to be in a long time ago, and i cant get the $500 back. Lovely. beginning of the summer and im screwed out of $650 and my car is still smashed.

Just venting here folks. Anyone ever have a situation like this and get their money back?? I will be pursuing this further but would like some tips if anyone knows any. I know a garunteed solution but its a lot of paperwork and time.

Thanks Twitchy

well if you saent money via the can post and such then it can be considered mail fraud… which is a federal offence. RCMP will want him…it’s such a low value though that I don’t think they will do much about it too quickly … unless it’s a slow week. Since he cashed the check and sent you nothing then it’s also normal fraud which is a criminal offence.

yea, it really sucks he took the pictures of that car at james gardens instead of his house… :twisted:

Do you have his information?

Address, telephone number, license plate?

Anything to identify him? You could always take him to small claims court if you have his info.

If he cashed the cheque and didn’t supply the parts then tell your bank.
It is illegal.
100%

teaches you a lesson doesn’t it, you live and you learn…

most banks can do a trace where the money went. do a trace report, it will cost you liek 10-15 bucks maybe more depending on financial institution, but they will tell you exactly which branch is his and when the money arrived/cashed. good luck. I would usually take action into my hands and smash his head off, but you can always use something hard like baseball bat.

Yeah do a trace. I know he lives in Etobieko though. I was going to buy a lip off him before. I am not sure if I have his address and phone number but I will try to find it for you.

i have his info

apparently he has a new job or somethign but i have his addy, phone # and so on.

Someone sent me a useful link for info but I know the next steps that need to be taken- its a long process and lots of paperwork but it will be worth my while to recover my cost for the parts and the downpayment i lost as well

thanks everyone, if anyone has anything else to add please do. It happens, this scam stuff, it was just me this time. Be careful

Call the police and show up at his door.

yea, why the fuck not

I mean, that is what they’re there for, To serve, and protect…

there selves. jks

well I live 4 hours away for one thing but ill be in the area before too long

go stop in and say hi i think

no one on this site knows him personally eh

Don’t worry, i got ripped off today too. By my insurance company. And it’s legal so i cant do jack.

Anyways, let me know when you are in town, i’d like to greet this individual.

I say we all get together for a public beating, Everyone joins in on the fun and gets their cheap shots in!.. Okay just joking, I think your best bet is to try and resolve things between the two of you getting others involved sometimes just makes things worse. Either way I hope you get your money back and things work out for you, good luck.

Relax on the beatings …

He could have a valid reason, if not then do what you have to.

there was a case once that 1000 men in some asian country each took one shot to a guy (punch) the man didnt survive and noone could actually blaimed for murder cause the police didnt know which exact punch killed the man. just fyi lol

probably the last one?
unless they were beating on a corpse - but that’s just sick - but then again, they are Asian…

:wtf:

Twitchy,

If you want pm me his address & I’ll go check it out.

[quote=“Original Nutta”]

:wtf:[/quote]

:lol: Yeah!.. Those damn Asian people, they are such corpse beaters … :nono:

Oh oh I feel Lockenstein coming

Locked in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1