WTB RB20DET LONGBLOCK and R32 ECU

Mine is no good. I need to replace all the rod bearings, 3 pistons, maybe 4 AND hone the walls. I just dont wanna. Not right now. I’ll sell mine but I need one to replace it with. Plus my ECU is from a Cefiro not an R32

Let me know what ya’ll got!!

what is the point of a 2 liter straight 6 again?

Upgrade son

I dobut anyone on here is going to have an RB20 longblock… Japanstar might have one… but why go thru all that trouble to put an inferior motor to the 25/26 in your car??

Spend a little more and get an rb25 n call it a day

that or SR20 swap it

or v8 swap it

You mean spend a lot more to swap a RB25 in :lol

Erngotti - I’ll search around, should be able to pick up a RB20 cheap. Check out rawbrokerage.com. Don’t SR swap it, that’s just gay to downgrade.

FUCK SR man.

25 & 26 are quite a bit more expensive. If I can get a solid block for $350-400 thats way easier cuz I have EVERYTHING else.

But I do need an R32 ECU and a jumper harness

LOL!

I know steve likes SR’s even thou he busts pplz balls cause hes got an RB…

but may I ask why you dont like the SR20?

Seems like everyone who hates them seems to think its not cool to have one because everyone else has one or has never had experiance with them…

or both which i would think is your case

Theres a reason a lot of people do SR swap… not just for the cool factor

Don’t hate… :ninja

Let’s not start another SR fanboi vs the world thread. It really gets old quick.

We all know SR’s are a good motor and can make quite a bit of power cheaply.

haha +1…

Yes im an SR Fanboi… but id rather have your motor there steve…

I love your car…err cars :lol

im just sayin… im not trying to get into a debate about what motor is better… just people tend to be all hater towards the SR for the simple fact that they think its not cool to do anymore because a lot of people do it and becauce they have no experiance with one

RB25>SR IMO… but that doesnt mean i dont <3 my SR

Yes, the SR bandwagon is one reason. I DO know that is a motor we can get parts for here in the US.

Buttttttt i love the reaction i get…“You have a SKYLINE engine???” Its sick.

The rarity is apealing.

There IS information (all the information I need) to do the swap and maintain/repair the motor correctly.

I like 6 cylinders lol The extra lil bit of torque turns me on.

My ULTIMATE goal (and Steve or anyone else if you take my idea you getz killlllllled) is to mate an RB26 to an RB25 tranny and stuff it into a RHD conversion S13 convertible with NO rust on the damn thing. Of course it will get the usual things (driveshaft, bigger turbos and manifolds and exhaust and injectors blah blah blah) but That is just wishful thinking on my income. But I have something to shoot for.

insane RPM capability if one wanted :smiley:

But nowhere to be found in this thread :rofl

haha I just placed a bid on ebay for a rhd vert imported from Japan but I’m building an RB30DET for it :rofl

JK:tongue

lol I was gonna say…LIAR RB30’s were ONLY in Australia!!! And I don’t think Japan got convertibles either :)~

There aren’t enough products on the market to mak a 20 spin that high. Tomei is the only company I found to make good cams and they are Street cams and valve springs. And engine management is a nightmare. AEM EMS and Apex-i Power FC. Neither of which are easy to use and BOTH are like $1400 when I can get a complete engine from Japan Star for $800. I called tonight.

drops beer OH BOB SAGET!

Go big or go home…TB48 stroked to 5.1L :excited

$800…RB20? Wow cheap :slight_smile:

OT but…

I have about 30 cases of pickles. I was wondering if I could store them at your place?

funny funny man…

Well as much as I applaud you wanting to be unique…

Your going to punch yourself in the cock when you want moar power or want to do certain things and you cant because your motor is a pain in the cock to get anything for.

If you at least had a RB25 there is quite a few more things out on the market and its getting easier and easier to get overnight parts from japan to do anything you want.

Basicly I belive you picked an inferior motor due to its poor aftermarket capability here in the states and the capability to get them in general even from japan.

Your going to end up sinking more money into getting this pile running which IIRC it never ran correctly in the first place? Then be very upset when you want to do moar with your RoadRace car and wont be able to.\

And if you dont want to do things to your car weather it be an SR20 or RB25 or Stupid clear fucking tail lights because everyone else is well… You have a lot to learn. Thats like me saying im not going to put an LSD in my car cause everyone does that and I want to show how much of a stubborn douchebag i am and rock my open diff everywhere

Oh RB30 in a Z31… Its happening here in the states… its going to be the tits and im going to steal the car kthxbye