wtb: rollcage for the bimmer....Suggestions??

well, i got booted from the track last night and i dont think ill be able to sneak back in without getting noticed. Apparently theres not alot of bmw’s runnin 11’s. so i need to know of any reasonable shops that do cages. i dont have alotta money and to be honest im not 100% sure i want a cage but on the other hand it is a safer alternative. so, do i need a 6point or can i get away with only a 4pt for the track?

Where are the local cage fabricators?

4 point roll bar should do ya for a while

which track booted ya ?

NYI

PMP does cages

anyone know pmp’s rates for there cages? anyone know what a 4 point is good for time wise?

$100 per point

you sure? that quote was a couple years ago wasnt it?

PMP, fantastic work, he’ll be redoing the botched job on my Porsche.

4 or 6 is just a Bar, not a cage; VERY LARGE difference.

100/pt is about right for a basic roll-bar.

I believe the main hoop is a bit more than 100, but all the points after that are 100 each. Don’t quote me on that though.

When/If you go 6 point you may want to get a swing out on the passenger side if your wife or kids ever ride shotty.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/autopower-4point-streetsport-bolt-in-roll-bar-bmw-e36-m3-9299-p-7891.html

not sure if itll fit a non-m e36, but yeah, quick search turned up that.

I’m 99% sure that what he needs to be legal is a minimum of 5 bars (2 mains, 2 rear, and Drivers side front), and it must be welded DOM or Chromoly tubing.

Autopoop cages arent worth a damn if you are looking for actual protection and not just “I need to pass tech”.

jegs.com

jegster cages are the best choice, I can’t say this enough.
have it pro isntalled tho.

so you suggest a generic cage thats cut to fit ? :picard:

see thats the thing. i wanna be safe but if its gunna cost me a fortune for a cage the car will not see the track for a while then. Autopower cages are a great price, but fits like poop and is a bolt in.

PMP was around $100 a point when i PM’d um at the end of last year. i couldn’t imagine it being much more then that in less then a year.

PMP is $100 / pt, and will do a fantastic job of tucking out of the way, as it were. And, having it legal (track)

Vitez also does fantastic work overall, but I dunno their prices. The JnJ crew should know tho.

who is pmp? i dont think ive ever heard of them.

Nytrus1

Sponsor / vendor here.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27944

There was a whole lot of drama around for various reasons, but before AND since then, people have gotten real nice cage work done by them.

$0.02