WTB: s14 with rb20/25

Or make your own mounts, lower and further back than McKinney, only costs a few bucks in steel and an hour of your time.

Right in your budget with a grand left over to make it look nice again!

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51630

RB20. I spent 1,550. New TB, WP, Tune up, fluids etc etc. Everything I needed for the swap.

RB20 is dirt cheap now. Mine as well call it an SRB.

SR is more expensive than the Rb. And its not a “budget build” if you happen to get most parts for free. Its more like a “i got REALLY Good friends” build. Plus I had an extra crossmember, Rb20 harness, and spare rb20 parts from when I did my rb25 swap.

Take Brenden for example. His car was done and he probably did not spend much as he did most of the work himself. I still want him to do my intake manifold the way he did his.

With sourced parts and resources. Yes it can be had very cheap.

For the average…not mechanically inclined person, not at all.

RB20 iss piss cheap of course; I thought the subject was about doing an RB25 into a 240? I paid less than an SR clip and have not seen anything at places like TorontoJDM for example, at the price I paid or cheaper than an SR for an RB25 front clip. None of the sponsored vendors sell an RB25 front clip under 3K. None of them sell SR’s for cheaper than what I paid for my stuff.

Obviously they are all out to turn (a lot) of bucks. Ali, you know what RHD cars go for in Japan and how importers buy them. We both know nobody is flying out and persoanlly looking at the cars under a microscope and hand picking them for customers. Fuck, most of these clips come out of junkyards for pissss cheap and get flipped hard. Nobody is gonna admit it, but like fuck people are just gonna chop up good cars because some guy in the west wants an engine that is more abundant than a KA and sells like one in Japan.

Just go 2JZ like your boys!

2JZ’s Everywhere!

lol i wish, my cuz has a 85 cressida witha 2jz running 8 at cayuga, sob would let me drive it,
i like were this topic of the RB in a 240,
my view, rb20 is good and reliable, most parts easy to find, rb25 for the guys who got a lil more cash, sr20, thats old school, i seldom hear someone wants to put a sr in a 240,
dont get me wrong sr20 is dam good for a 4 clinder, reliable power and good on fuel,
rb20/25 weither u go with mounts or crossmember or make ur own its all good, well to me,
i remember doing a rb20 in to a red s13 sil40, some girl owned it, this shit was fast on 12psi, it rip the daylights of a gts skyline with same boost level,
im not too much in a hurry for a car, but i would like to find the person who bought ted ( heatw) rb25 coupe, that car was sick
any one with pics of that car still?

I just picked my rb from ryiad for 1300. Good deal,

Thanks for the compliments Travis. I appreciate it.

Yup, the car would be pretty much exactly what you’re looking Rish. Lemme know if you’re interested, I’ve had lots of interest and tire kickers. I turned down a few offers already at around 6 as i’m not too keen on selling and haven’t really bothered to try. I’m having too much fun driving it right now.

I’d sell to the right person that actually has cash ready to buy. I can take a bunch of stuff off to lower the cost. ie, 2 way, coils, interior, etc…but like I said, I’m not that keen on selling. No rush and I love the car.

I can also throw in a new paint job at a TOP notch body shop for a killer deal if you wanna change the colour.

I have a bunch of parts that I haven’t thrown on yet, I’m waiting for the spring, turbo, cams, electronics, clutch, aero etc…that can be worked out.