WTF does my car have VTEC?

300-350 torque is mad easy on a single cam ka,i seen that u said uv got the bottom end planned out but here is my advice: put in forged pistons,you can leave the stock rods alone or just get them shortpinned, arp rod bolts,stock main bolts are fine,cosmetic head gasket,arp headbolts t28 turbo 550cc injectors( obviously frontmount walbro,z32 maf,etc). i got news for you… 2.5 inch intercooler piping and 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust is perfect you dont even have to port the head for that power just get sri motorsports to refresh it with new valveseals, 3/5 angle valve job n ur good to go, if u want treat it with a cam,(just because u only got to buy 1 lol)head porting is good dont get me wrong but not necessary for ur goal.just remember to spend the money where its absolutely needed and most of all keep things simple. here is what should be on ur must have list,very good rad, swap in an SR clutch fan keep the oem shroud,(modify ur oil pan to hold more oil about a liter more is fine,put in a new oil pump if u can afford too)also a good OIL COOLER is a must for any ka and keep it tuned well(a wideband should be ur best friend).ur power n torque will be almost on par… trust me try this combo n see ur results bud… i will leave u to chose ur ecu/standalone so many to chose! you will have a very reliable rock solid ka… thats it! let me know if u need a hand…
DAN that goes for u too lol