WTF does my car have VTEC?

As soon as I can i will provide pictures. All I can say about your build is over do everything. Build strong and then you will never have to worry about maxing your components out. I never understood why people would do a motor tare down and build for power with cheaping out on components. Use good ARP head studs, good clevite bearings, ARP rod studs, ARP main studs, good forged pistons to your specs, good set of rings, and build the head according to RPM levels you wish to accomplish. Main problem people have when blowing a engine is a poor build with components or the install of the components were not done within spec. When I build my high HP SR20’s i bored out the oil squirters for the bottom of the pistons, and bored all oil ports with a nice shamfer with no burrs. Take pride and care into your build and you will out last everyone else that says “That motor can’t take that”. Yes it can, build it right and it will exceed your expectations everytime!! Thats why mine and my customers will never blow one of SRI Motorsports engines unless careless measures have been taken by the owner. (overboosting engines limit with components used, lack of oil changes, oils used, over heating, ect. ect) I hope this helps your build. Do your research and plan before spending. If you need help with info I am more than happy to answer your questions and concerns.