WTF does my car have VTEC?

[QUOTE=XSNRGE;383859]Thanks for the response guys! I’ll be PM’ing you in the future when I have some more questions regarding my build!

R33, I believe a 3" exhaust does lose power… I’ve got a 3" Bee*R on my SOHC KA. Only mods other than that are intake pipe and HKS filter. The moment I removed the silencer from my exhaust, I really noticed a loss of low-end torque. The mid-range climb to top-end improved by quite a bit, but it wasn’t too much of a drastic improvement to justify baiting your car with a loud exhaust with only minimalistic gains.

If I could do it all over again, I’d be running a 2.5" high-flow cat and cat-back… As for 2.5" cat-backs, no clue on what to run with, though…

very well said thats exactly the result u loose lowend torque but gain minimal up top…2.5 inch exhaust have proven to be fine up to 400+ whp

very well said thats exactly the result u loose lowend torque but gain minimal up top…2.5 inch exhaust have proven to be fine up to 400+ whp

^^^ are you sure ?, is there anyone here running 2.5" exhaust with 400+ horses ?

People always think bigger is better,they always forget about functionality,do you possibly think any 4banger boosted producing 400whp flow`s more exhaust gases that a v8/v10 producing 500whp or even 400whp,they run 2.5 99% of the time. think about this and answer ur question for urself…

Those V8/V10’s are N/A. 98% of 400hp motors on here are going to be turbo. Turbo no like restirction, turbo like flow.

with Turbo’s…3" or bigger exhaust is the way to go.

2.5" will be restrictive in no time once your looking for more spoolin, pretty much will be a bottle neck.

Please tell me how many 400whp sr20s or ka-ts you know exist here on SON lol 1,2,3!!!while those v8/v10s are N/A they still flow more than any 4banger @400whp. you are right turbos do like flow and a smaller exhaust would be more of a restriction at high rpms, BUT its still not necessary for a street machine even @400whp… alot of guys have run 11s even 10s on 2.5 inch exhaust without any issues.(always remember the practicality factor when building a street car)

now if ur talking a full race/track car then its a different ballgame.go big 3inch 4inch whatever or take it off completely ur the man more power to you literally…

KA love. Dan’s dyno shows that a n/a ka24de can make almost as much whp as a stock sr20det and for a lot less. was your car a auto-5spd swap? I think the auto ecu on a standard car leans it out and does give it some power. Dont have anything to base it on, but I used to have a auto ecu and recently swapped to a standard ecu in my 216k+ oily KA… with the auto ecu my KA was seeing quite a lot of 7.5k rpm(no rev limit), backfires and a lot of abuse hence the switch to 5spd ecu, which sounds mellow in comparison and a little less power. hopefully if my car is on the road soon with itb and 248/248 cams i’ll get it to the dyno and see how much power it makes.

Elon…We need to get together and talk over my Ka bro. Need some input on a few things. Call my cell (905) 716-7749.

im pretty sure i was using a 5 speed ECU … the 4th gear stopped when the car hit redline at 6800k