WTF is wrong with my evo????

ok well ive purchased a 2005 evo mr, 60k, nice looking car anyways. After logging the car on evo scan on a friends computer, the car was knocking real bad, so i paid buschur to re-tune the car without meth, the car made nice power still had slight knock but buschur was thinking it was due to the crap gas i put in on the turn pike and the fact my plugs and wires were old, so i put new plugs and wires in and it ran incredible, that was at night. The next morning after touching and changing nothing i took my gf to class and the car was breaking up horribly at higher rpms? so me and a friend looked into the car again, tried everything we could still no fix, then swapped out coils packs from his evo to mine, took it for a rip, and it pulled clean consistent runs. So i bought a set of coilpacks off of steelcityevo, put them in turned tho boost down 2psi, and the car ripped ran great no problems, for last night and all day today, but it wouldnt handle 27psi which is what it was tuned at, so after swapping back coil packs, trying another new set of spark plugs, the car pulled a clean run, then a shitty run, then clean then shitty, theres no consistency on it, but i noticed at half throttle in higher rpms the blow off valve was going on a shitload(possible that its just touchy) , so we swapped out tials with my friends, do a rip pulls a clean 3rd gear pull, turn around do another and it breaks up, im at a complete and total fucking loss as what to do with this car, or what it could be if anyone has any idea what could be going wrong please help

Could be a Boost leak. ill bring my tester up and you can use it…Since i dont have a boosted car anymore and dont plan on buying one you can just keep it. You will need to get a coupler adapter thing. Boost leak tester is a 2’ to whatever your turbo inlet size is. My turbo inlet was a 2.25’ so i have a 2-2.25 but i bet yours is like a 2.5 or 2.75 inch inlet.

im no evo expert but it sounds like your not boosting and dumping fuel fowling out your plugs everytime…

what?

Wow this is horrible man damn.

What are the plugs gapped to?

Are the plugs being fouled up or no?

during these pulls are you logging and are you sure it isnt some form of knock causing retarded ignitiion thru the Ecu?

Mite sound stupid but is all of your grounds off of the motor intact and a good chassis ground everywhere even battery negative terminal / alternator etc. etc.??

i dont have an evo but i had issues before with spark plugs not being gapped right and when i was in higher boost i would get stutter, and it was hit or miss. i re-gapped the plugs and it was fine.

The spark plugs are gapped down .025-.028". If I remember what he said. No, they are not fouled at all, were going to go over all the wiring and see if anyhting is outof wack, check some grounds on the motor etc.

Post up the Buschur tune.

:kekegay:

:rofl:

x2 Did anyone not see this coming?

i actually expected it to last a little longer. :hsugh:

hahaha, i’m sure you even posted this after the last thread. it could be the fact you bought a car you know nothing about…smart move rich kid

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw you screaming across the mckees rocks bridge yesterday, almost rear ending a old lady. :rolleyes:

screw the haters. slater uses his car and he works hard for his money. dudes are just pissed his daily driver rips and his track car is going to be even faster.

sounds like a misfire. throwing any codes?

Haters?

being a witness to his erratic driving. even funnier, have no clue who he was till his youtube
perfect witness to identify retards on the street.

reassures, he is a tard from post to driving.:gives: bought not built

Haters such as darkstar and 1320 fact is car runs and drives fine , the kinks need worked out, and rich kid? Suck my balls Im 20 years old and I work my ass off going to school and work don’t be jealous I’m making something of myself you know nothing about me or what I do so why jump to stereo types , hater is the proper word

On another note, no I don’t think it’s a misfire we concluded tonight that the low rpm break up is compressor surge it still has a slight burble up top but me and Steve are slowly figuring it out

who cares. why are you feeding into the bullshit to explain yourself.
just sound like a bigger fool.

lol @ buying a modified evo to DD when he already has a racecar.