WTF is wrong with my evo????

I know starboy, I’m just sick of dudes bashing my friend instead of helping, I know Jason appreciates you cleaning up the thread. I dont think anyone tries to help Jason harder than I do, besides Jason himself, obviously.

The car is not really breaking up ~5k the car is pulling but you can feel its not as clean and crisp as the rest of the pull. The car has compressor surge ~4k.

What I’m thinking (I’m throwing it out there take with a grain of salt.)
We logged the car around 4k the compressor surge is causing the ecu to pickup ~8 counts of knock. The ecu is most likey switching to the low octane map with low as balls timing.
By this time the compressor surge is gone and no knock is being picked up, the ecu reverts back to the high octane timing map and the car kicks ass.

I dont think anything else is wrong with the car, I mean the car does feel the tune could be smoothed out a hair but I dont think there is any misfiring or such.

The only thing that Shawn and I saw otherwise is that the crank signal is nowhere near being a squarewave pattern under wot. I dont know if that is normal for evos or not. I’m even assuming evos use a square wave pattern.