WTF MUSTANG PROBLEM

need to know how to fix this BS. OK anyone know about the clutch quadrant that fail? Ive already had it out and back in 3 times , clutch pedal wont pull cable because the quadrant slips… it pushes about 1/3rd of the way then POP, then clicks when pulled back. There is a little plastic piece next to the quadrant with 3 teeth that are supposed to hold the quadrant from slipping off the clutch pedal rod i believe? teeth are worn off a little on both, do i need to replace both for this to ever work agian? Also looking at the billet quadrant kits… they dont appear to come with the little gear WTF. Also the quadrant comes down but to take the little gear off, the whole pedal assembly and column have to get dropped. Anyone done this or kow what im talking about?

Youre going to need an adj cable quadrant, UPR sells a nice one.

thanks for the help, does using that eliminate the little gear above the NSS? Im just trying to figure out why the quadrant itself doesnt have a spline or anything to keep it on the rod and relies on a little plastic gear to mesh with it to pull the cable. doesnt seem like the greatest idea.

OK here’s the deal. If you are replacing the quadrant with a and aftermarket one you need an aftermarket firewall adjuster to adjust the clutch.

Sounds like the plastic teeth are just stripped enough to not hold adjustment, you need to replace both peices of quadrant for this to work. You don’t need to pull the column or anything out bro. Mine is all swapped to aftermarket and it was easy other than being all cramped upside down.

yeah, fiore clutch quadrant and fire wall adjuster. do it. the clutch system sucks in these cars. and parts from the dollar store were used

i have the stock quadrant parts out of my car if you want em man.

I think I paid around $80 for an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster thru Summit.

I never had the stock setup because my car came with an AOD.

thanks for the help. i can get the bigger quadrant out, its just the little one has no room to slide off because the framing under the dash is right up next to it. I was told i have to drop the whole assembly down at least a few inches to slide the little guy off. Mind you this is a 92. Wayne that would be a blessing if you have those pieces. Will get an aftermarket one down teh road but right now we just want the thing to go into gear, i gotta run out but ill send you a pm later man thanks!.