WTF! My Paypal account was used without my permission!

Alright, so I just received a letter in the mail regarding the income tax returns. I filed late, so I guess this is why it only comes now…

So it says that my tax return is $119.33. Fine with me.

I go online to check my account to see if it was deposited. NO.

I look at the account history and NOTE, that indeed, it was deposited on May 28.

I look at the second thing on my history, $3.77 at Burger King on that same day, that sounds reasonable.

OK, so that leaves me with $115.56

I look at the transaction above that and I notice: Misc. Payment Paypal PTE Ltd. — $91.63.

So I go on Paypal and notice that there was a transaction made for $79.99 USD, or $91.63 converted to CAD to a company called Gameforge Productions GmbH

Itseems that this company runs some sort of MMORPG game. I look into Paypal’s transaction history and it says that Gameforge deducted the said amount for the purchase of ‘1250 Drachenmünzen’.

So I Google this 1250 Drachenmünzenthing and it seems to be some sort of item of enhancement in the game. Kind of like those games you play online, where it makes you pay $XX.XX in order to get X upgrade or something. Kind of like some games on Facebook.

Anyway, it seems to me that some German dude, or whoever in Europe has used my account in order to purchase 1250 Drachenmünzen enhancements for his/her game.

This really pisses me off. I’ve done absolutely everything to keep myself safe from Paypal predators and hackers.

I don’t keep a keystroke/form filler history/cache on my computer, I always say “Not Now” or “Never for this site”, but it seems that somehow someone did get access to my Paypal account.

This pisses me off, as I’m working just barely over minimum wage, and $92 is honestly a lot of money to me, as is to anyone else on here who’s a student and works for minimum or near-minimum wage.

Has anyone had any experiences with this?

I’ve just filed an investigation with Paypal on this matter, as well as changed all my settings on Paypal. If I do get my money back, I’m done with Paypal. Fuck this shit… I did everything I could to protect myself.

Anyone with similar experiences, please chime in. Was your dispute settled?

Same thing happened to me not too long ago:
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41923

Some clown from Denmark or something requested money and I thought it was nothing; then a few days later I get an email saying he accepted the money. :wtf:

In my case it was like $350CAD

Call up PayPal, file a dispute on their online thing and you’ll eventually get your money back.

True. I filed the unauthorized transaction thing the moment I saw it.

When you say call Paypal, do you actually mean verbally calling their service #?

i had someone get into my paypal and jack me for $900.

paypal called me right away. They track your IP address and your sing-in patterns… if this person logged into your account in some funky manner from overseas then they will see that it wasnt you…

Yes I phoned their support line or whatever.

yah! for long distance charges!, pretty sure they still dont have a 1-800… pricks!

I got scammed from an ATM for $100 bucks at the bars last weekend, bank is investigating it. So Shitty.

I got hit too. They will know if it’s fraud and credit you your money back.