WTF!?! Phone charger keeps blowing fuses!

First i thought it was just the Z…because a while back, i plugged my car charger in for the chocolate, and the red light on the charger turned on for a second, then off…and nothing else has worked in the lighter sense…

The same thing happened in Melissa’s car when i tried to charge my phone…

and now, just as an experiment, i tried it in my mom’s car…and no suprise, her’s doesn’t work now either…

Is it something with my specific charger ya think…or will any car charger i get for my phone keep doing this? it’s really annoying…especially since i plan on plugging my phone into the stereo, and using it as my ipod in the car for tunes…but i’ll want to be charging it at the same time so it doesn’t die on me…

Its all because you made baby jesus cry that one time.

i’d say the charger has a short somewhere in it.

I’d get rid of it.

I use a LG charger in the car for my phone, never a problem.

A car charger for a phone is like four cents on ebay.

i’ll just take it back to verizon where i get it from…and tell them my problem…i just dont want to keep getting new ones, and having this happen over and over…

i was gonna say, is at an OEM or aftermarket. the aftermarket ones are junk and do this a lot

[quote=“evolve,post:5,topic:25520"”]

i was gonna say, is at an OEM or aftermarket. the aftermarket ones are junk and do this a lot

[/quote]

agrred, also be aware that 90% of the aftermarket car charger do not have a resistor built into them. Therefore when your battery is full charged, it will keep trying to charge the battery essentially ruining the battery over a long period of time.

Bad charger, replace as discussed above.

funny you say its a Z. I have the same problem in a Murano. Charger works fine in other cars, but the fuse blows in the Mo.
This is a stretch, but maybe its a Nissan thing too?

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:6,topic:25520"”]

agrred, also be aware that 90% of the aftermarket car charger do not have a resistor built into them. Therefore when your battery is full charged, it will keep trying to charge the battery essentially ruining the battery over a long period of time.

[/quote]

qft. couldnt tell you how many times i see a customer “o i will just get it at walmart for $8”. i go through my standard warning, and then 6 months later they are back trying to get me to give them a new battery for free cause it wont hold a charge anymore. lol

God is punishing you for owning a chocolate

:rofl: