WTF: Shooting spree at virgina tech

http://www.biztoolbelt.com/uploads/vtech-mi6879-3.jpg
Kills.

Ok… lets think about this. He’s talking about the press conference. What else do you expect them so say besides the obvious?? There asking this guy a ton of shit as if he was there from the start, he clearly was rushed into this conference to make an appearance and be the scape goat/brunt of the media.

RIT had a shooting. We had classes. :shrug:

crazy stuff… very interested to learn more about the shooter and circumstances.

dude must have been incredible at CS…

Hmmm this is why I support right to carry laws. If people attending that school had been carrying a sidearm he would have been taken down before it reached that many people.

anndd jegs brilliance reaches yet another thread. sigh

the radio station here just had a campus security guy on the phone. Apparently they thought the initial dorm shooting was a murder/suicide since there were 2 victims so they felt there was no danger to the rest of campus and they did immediately lock down that dorm building. When no weapon was found in the dorms they sent out a campus wide email for people to be aware of suspicious activity. They asked why the entire campus wasn’t shut down and he responded that they thought there was no immediate danger to the rest of the school and that the dorm incident was just a domestic dispute. They also did not want to create a panic and evacuate the school for no justifiable reason and risk people getting injured or mass traffic flooding from the parking lots all at once. It makes sense to me, but obviously it was the wrong call.

the campus did allow students to carry, a mother called in to the morning radio show i listen to and said that since its a rural college many students hunt and own rifles/handguns. When she called her son yesterday she was a little relieved because he was hiding in his dorm with his roommate who carries a gun and is a responsible gun owner.

Imagine, they have everyone pour out into a field and then he decides to open fire. With this guys CS skills, all those wounded would have been BOOM HEADSHOTS.

but seriously, I feel they made the right call. I’d think he was already commited into doing this and having 26,000 targets in the open would have made things alot worse.

:word: I didn’t know that. yeah it is a proven fact that in places whgere you have a heavily armed pupulation there are nowhere near as many incedents where people flip shit and shoot everyone…mainly because they will get taken down in the process.

I dont think this would have happened at Texas Tech

And Luby’s was where? :roll2:

And Charles Whitman shot from which clock tower?

(That being said, I still agree with Jeg that places with open carry laws are safer)

they just said that in the weeks before this happened there were a bunch of bomb threats called in that have been traced back to the shooter, they think he was doing this to watch how security reacts so this shooting was definetly premeditated and planned out. There was nothing they could have really done to prevent it.

edit: the shooter put chains on the doors the campus safety used for emergency situations, so he was definetly watching when they reacted to the bomb threats from the weeks before

Interesting Post(s)
By the shooter “Possible”

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/

Victims list

Tuesday, April 17th 2007(Last Update: 4:07AM)
List of confirmed deceased

Maxine Turner
Vienna, Va.
Senior, Chemical Engineering

Henry Lee
Roanoke, Va.
Freshman, Computer Engineering

Matt La Porte
Dumont, N.J.
Freshman, University Studies

Jamie Bishop
Instructor, Foreign Languages and Literatures (German)

G.V. Loganathan
Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering

Juan Ortiz
Graduate Student, Civil Engineering

Jarrett Lane
Narrows, Va.
Senior, Civil Engineering

Ryan Clark
Columbia County, Ga.
Senior, Biology, English, Psychology

Leslie Sherman
Sophomore, History and International Studies

Caitlin Hammaren
Sophomore, International Studies and French

Liviu Librescu
Professor, Engineering Science & Mechanics

Kevin Granata
Professor, Engineering Science & Mechanics

Reema Samaha
Centreville, Va.
Freshman

Emily Hilscher
Woodville, Va.
Freshman, Animal and Poultry Sciences, Equine Science

We will have further updates as the story continues to develop.
http://www.collegemedia.com/stories/417-300am-none.html

:bloated:

Back from the dead?

i am in capen right now, and i BURST out laughing at this for some reason <3

SIDE NOTE… if there was an isolated shooting in a dorm of a single guy why would police have any reason to suspect that the killer would walking into a lecture hall and open fire? the 2 incidents would in my mind, not be linked together? what happened in that time frame where this kid decided to go all out and take more lives than his cheater g/fs new lover, which although would justify a beating (not killing) atleast provides a motive? why the 31+ others :frowning:
sad

I wonder where the shootout at Waco TX took place? hrmmm i cant recall

but seriously, events like this are too unpredictable to say well if this happened on an army base it wouldnt have happened…

such a fallacy

i hope they don’t make a stupid fucking sticker magnet thing for this.

side note, we NEED to deport all asians.