WTF: Shooting spree at virgina tech

[quote=“02CelicaGt,post:137,topic:27711"”]

You sir are a fucking ignorant retard. So you hear gunshots at your school campus. 1 out of every 5-10 kids pulls out a hand-gun. Now nobody knows who the shooter is, so everyone that gets a gun pointed at them, is going to fire back. Now the SWAT team enters the building, not knowing who the shooter it. GET A CLUE. CCW would not and will not solve anything.

[/quote]

Tell that to the families of the 30 kids who died locked in rooms waiting for your hero swat team to show up and save them.

Or the professor who died trying to hold the door shut.

The fact is that when something like this happens you are on your own. The police/swat are not going to get there fast enough to save you, even when they’re already right there on campus. By the time swat arrives those 5-10 kids who pulled their weapons to defend themselves would have already re-concealed them, because the shooter would be dead.

[quote=“JEG,post:105,topic:27711"”]

Hmmm this is why I support right to carry laws. If people attending that school had been carrying a sidearm he would have been taken down before it reached that many people.

[/quote]

He’s right. That’s why this stuff doesn’t happen in Texas. I feel the same about planes. If everybody had a knife or gun it would be hard to take control of.

This will just be more fodder for the anti gun lobby. Truth is (IMO) gun laws are an “easy fix” to bigger social problems. Obviously this character needed help (or institutionalization). There are lots of people in need of help and less resources available. Just wait until all these people return from Iraq/Afghanistan. There are going to be lots of peopel with PTSD. Just wait till one of them goes ape shit somewhere.

[quote=“Dex,post:140,topic:27711"”]

can anyone confirm the “note” that was found that was described as disturbing and written in another language?

[/quote]

I haven’t heard anything about it…where did you hear this?

Who wants to take bets that both his weapons were illegal under CURRENT gun laws, but the liberals come out of the woodwork chanting for more gun laws anyway?

Gotta love the media. They were already politicising this with their debates about the delayed email when parents were still sitting at home waiting to find out if their kid was dead or not. :tup:, great job cnn and fox.

Don’t get me wrong, placing blame is important, but it can at least wait until the families of the dead have been notified.

[quote=“JayS,post:141,topic:27711"”]

Tell that to the families of the 30 kids who died locked in rooms waiting for your hero swat team to show up and save them.

Or the professor who died trying to hold the door shut.

The fact is that when something like this happens you are on your own. The police/swat are not going to get there fast enough to save you, even when they’re already right there on campus. By the time swat arrives those 5-10 kids who pulled their weapons to defend themselves would have already re-concealed them, because the shooter would be dead.

[/quote]

No, you aren’t getting what I’m saying. Somebody hears a gunshot and 5 kids in every classroom draw arms. Then they head out into the hallway, or somebody walks into a classroom with a gun. You don’t think there would be a countless number of innocent people dying? Nobody knows who the shooter is, or how many people are involved. Everyone that has a weapon drawn, would be dead.

[quote=“JayS,post:144,topic:27711"”]

Who wants to take bets that both his weapons were illegal under CURRENT gun laws, but the liberals come out of the woodwork chanting for more gun laws anyway?

[/quote]

You’re wrong. He bought the 9mm in March, the reciept was in his backpack.

[quote=“02CelicaGt,post:145,topic:27711"”]

No, you aren’t getting what I’m saying. Somebody hears a gunshot and 5 kids in every classroom draw arms. Then they head out into the hallway, or somebody walks into a classroom with a gun. You don’t think there would be a countless number of innocent people dying? Nobody knows who the shooter is, or how many people are involved. Everyone that has a weapon drawn, would be dead.

[/quote]

I never heard that other kids had guns on their person…

[quote=“HottieInAJeep,post:147,topic:27711"”]

I never heard that other kids had guns on their person…

[/quote]

:bloated:

Latest reports are saying that his vtec never kicked in and he was beat by a VW. That’s why he shot up a German class…

[quote=“brent_strong,post:103,topic:27711"”]

RIT had a shooting. We had classes. :shrug:

[/quote]

That pissed me off, I had to park way out there that day and I was already late to class

The note was posted on the chained up doors on the outside of the building. It was written with very poor penmenship, or most likely a poor command of the english language. It said ‘dont open the door, there is a bomb’, or somehting to that effect. A teacher opened it anyway, thinking it was a hoax, having been desensitized due to 2 or 3 bomb threats having been dropped in the past few weeks. upon seeing the door chained shut, she notified athorities.

-this was reported by the NY Times and the USA Today.

Can anyone confirm the motive? or is the GF/cheating story just speculation.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:149,topic:27711"”]

Latest reports are saying that his vtec never kicked in and he was beat by a VW. That’s why he shot up a German class…

[/quote]

Cops probably were using H&K. Truth.

[quote=“Janus,post:151,topic:27711"”]

The note was posted on the chained up doors on the outside of the building. It was written with very poor penmenship, or most likely a poor command of the english language. It said ‘dont open the door, there is a bomb’, or somehting to that effect. A teacher opened it anyway, thinking it was a hoax, having been desensitized due to 2 or 3 bomb threats having been dropped in the past few weeks. upon seeing the door chained shut, she notified athorities.

-this was reported by the NY Times and the USA Today.

Can anyone confirm the motive? or is the GF/cheating story just speculation.

[/quote]

Cliffs: In the past couple weeks, Seung-Hui had called in two bomb threats to “test” the security of the buildings and the reaction time of police. Yesterday morning @ 7:00 he went to his girlfriend Emily’s dorm in AJ Hall. He got into an argument with her. Emiliy’s Resident Assistant proceeded to intervine. He shot Emily, and then proceeded to shoot the RA Ryan Clark…he held a 4.0 GPA and was a senior.

Police treated this as a domestic dispute and originally thought it was a murder suicide. When no weapons were found at the scene, the alerted students via email…to be on the lookout for suspicious activity. That email was sent @ 9:30.

In the meanwhile, Seung-Hui returned to his dorm room. Wrote a letter which has been described as “disturbing”, and reloaded his ammunition. He left the note in his dorm and proceeded across campus to Norris Hall. He chained the two main exits and began opening doors and firing into classrooms. He then shot himself, and the rest is history.

Seung-Hui also had a history of stalking females on the VT campus. His letter was filled with hate for rich kids and whorish women. He was a Korean immigrant who had been here since the age of 3. He was an English major. He has no facebook, nor myspace accounts. He bought the guns legally.

^Source?

[quote=“Janus,post:154,topic:27711"”]

^Source?

[/quote]

:snky: i garuntee its all relevant and truthful

Another Pic
http://www.wesh.com/2007/0417/12283987.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/clark.ap.jpg
Ryan Clark, 22, a senior at Virginia Tech, of Martinez, Georgia, majored in biology and English, and carried a 4.0 grade-point average, according to the Columbia County, Georgia, coroner. Clark, a resident assistant, was one of the two victims of the 7:15 a.m. dormitory shooting at West Ambler Johnston Hall.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/granata.vt.jpg
Kevin Granata, age unknown, was one of the top five biomechanics researchers in the country working on movement dynamics in cerebral palsy, the head of Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. His academic career included stints at the Johns Hopkins University, Ohio State University, University of Virginia and Wake Forest University.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/librescu.vt.jpg
Liviu Librescu, 76, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told AP. Librescu, an Israeli, was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania. Was the most published professor in the history of Virgina Polytechnic. Also a Holocaust survivor. He held the door shut as the shooter tried to enter his classroom, allowing students to escape through the windows.

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2007/US/04/17/vtech.shooting.victims/loganathan.vt.jpg
G. V. Loganathan, 51, was a professor of civil and environmental engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech. Since coming to Virginia Tech in 1982, he earned the Outstanding Faculty Award, the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering Education, according to his biography on the Virginia Tech Web site.

its all about the power of pussy

Fox News just said that he “possibly” got off around 100 shots.

[quote=“jkucz28,post:158,topic:27711"”]

its all about the power of pussy

[/quote]

No doubt

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:159,topic:27711"”]

Fox News just said that he “possibly” got off around 100 shots.

[/quote]

So I assume he had a shit load of clips in a backpack or something…deff premeditated