Yet ANOTHER help me decide on a new car thread

I drove st and limited wrx hatch when I was in market…as my sig shows I went with Subaru…no complaints yet…fwd just doesn’t do it for me,and as stated the st has super snug seats.u can get a base wrx for like 26k.st is 27.

if youre ready to drop 35k i would 100% look into the used market and there is a good chance youll be saving quite a chunk of change by doing so while still getting a great vehicle…hell some of my suggestions will even allow you to buy a used prius to commute with

e46 m3
mk5 r32
mk2 TT
335d
135i
b5 s4
b6/b7 s4
b8 a4
mini S
s2k

hey if youre lucky you can find a 996tt for 35-40k

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

no need to spread that slander here LOL

I’m a big Toyota fan (previously had a celica and have a corolla now), but unfortunatly I’m in the market for something 4 door with a bit more function. The FR-S is definitly a nice machine, but just wont fit what my current needs are.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I have test drives set up tommorow for the WRX and speed 3 tommorow

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

Thanks for this list! The hunt continues =)

G37x :slight_smile:

:io:

If you’re shopping up-market hot hatches, it really IS down to just the ST, Speed3, and GTi. The WRX really only sells because of it’s awd system and aftermarket offerings…but they are a heavy and cumbersome vehicle to drive in comparison to the other cars listed. I have not been in or driven a new ST yet(afraid I’ll fall for it and have to get one), so I can’t comment on it’s interior quality…but all of the pics and reviews I’ve seen are all glowing…maybe for you, getting chuck’s ST may not be your best bet if the recaro’s are too snug for you…you can get a different trim level to get different seats…there’s the ST, ST2 and ST3 trim levels. As for GTi’s, I’ve always been a big fan of interior quality on them…they are extremely comfortable cars for DD duties, yet still have the fun factor when you want it. The Golf R is simply awesome, but quite a chunk of change to get into one. I like the way the Speed3 performs, but for me the aesthetics just turn me right off to the car.

my $.02

My Golf R is simply the best all-around DD I’ve ever had. 4 doors would be better (it’s an option), but that’s what a Touareg is for.

I’ve had a lot of DD’s.

whore.

Weird, I know exactly what I’d want given a certain budget. Must be tough to have so many choices. lol

ill just leave this here…

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/3923162244.html

Guys, he’s got $5,000 to put down…implying he needs to finance the other ~$30,000.

Buying 13 year old sports car as your only car in Buffalo, is probably the worst idea, not to mention completely un-financable. Unless you’re going to link a car purchase to a home equity, which he doesn’t have.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Although, this seems like a hell of a deal. Dang it.

I like some of the things Ford makes, including the ST. It is generally a crap shoot as to whether it’s going to be a quality car or a pile. It’s worth waiting for a second or third model year to find out in my opinion.

You should take a look at the 335D. I wish they were more plentiful.

How do you define build quality? Have you ever worked on any of the cars you’re describing?

Focus ST curb weight: 3233
GTI curb weight: 3034 (min options)
Speed 3 curb weight: 3281
WRX curb weight: 3208

Edit: Out of the cars listed, I recommend the WRX or the 335D, although there are plenty of other good choices. They are both cars that will hold their value, run forever and be functional and fun.

Why not Jellers 335i?

Get out of here adult Beck

I still vote for a G37x AWD, decent power, and reliable and best of all you can’t really mod it.

Come drive my Speed3. $22,500 out the door with 59 miles when I got it. It’s a blast. 4 doors. 265 jams. 280 torxxxx. I don’t notice torque steer because I’m a man. Great gear box. Awesome front limited slip diff. No need for AWD. Snow tires for buffalo winters. Exhaust mods and it sounds like a Subaru. Rear sway bar makes it nimble as hell. Incredibly fun car. Reliable. Easily makes 300+ hp. Parts aren’t retarded expensive for it.

I can go on and on. Come drive it. I don’t dislike any of the other option but I feel for the money, the Speed3 is the best bang for your buck.

I wasn’t speaking of their literal mass/curb weight, I was speaking of the FEEL of their presence on the road

Hey paul, I may have to take you up on that. I’m testing a new one tomorrow at Towne (took the day off from work), I’ll PM you my cell and maybe we could set something up. 22,50 out the door is a pretty solid price! Where did you end up going?

Fiesta ST? Anybody? I have no qualms with that little guy. Definitely in the price range with all options, so far as I can tell. Sure, it’s a step down from everything else mentioned in the thread, and it’s still not released here, but if you’re looking for cheap fun, problem solved.

inb4 ‘fuck you it’s a fiesta’

My girlfriend would love this lol.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

i would love a nice,clean 335i. Its definilty a beast of a car, but I would just be worried about all the HPFP, solenoid, and other horror stories I have heard about maintenance on it.

i can give you a solid deal on my MKV R32