You guys make this call.......

1.1 x $70 = $77

:tdown: to thinking Don would attempt to cheat you and your friend. Get your shit straight before you start posting this BS. :tdown:

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:4,topic:25049"”]

Im pretty sure that price gouging is a pretty shady business practice and not a way to make repeat customers. I understand he’s trying to make a living and all but this is NOT the way to do it. not to mention that he PM’d my friend about it, it wasn’t the other way around…

[/quote]

:banghead: :banghead:

I’m pretty sure I would like to say some things to you right now that would otherwise be considered “not nyspeed acceptable”

To put it real simple, your calling out the wrong person on this one,…

So I will do the honest “classy” thing to do in this situation; shut the fuck up you douchebag
:2fingers:

If anyone would like a second opinion ask Bighands I worked with him for 2 years and he had to work on the same junk

You know seriously I can’t fucking win. EVER

OWNED Get em Don. Was this the FIRST quote you got for this truck??? I am wondering how much the others were???

now it all makes sense…

http://www.swervemotorsports.com/images/store_front_3.JPG

Is this a competition thing, there is yours and Klemmans evo…

You are never welcome in my presence again.

OrangeSS im just glad i could mother fuck you before page 4

have fun with this one

pwnt.

talk about shitty business practices. I didn’t know all that information. Tom was always very careful about staying VERY neutral to the public eye. Someone should have taken lessons.

[quote=“87FOXGT,post:29,topic:25049"”]

pwnt.

[/quote]

power pwnt … pwnt to the point that hiroshima on aug 7 1945 would feel lucky for getting off easy comapred to what happened in this thread

wow, thats a low blow from another shop… some shady businesses in this area. Good to know, who’s who.

Good detective work Don.

DON FTW!!!

[quote=“TurboTSi,post:32,topic:25049"”]

wow, thats a low blow from another shop… some shady businesses in this area. Good to know, who’s who.

Good detective work Don.

[/quote]

[quote=“TurboTSi,post:32,topic:25049"”]

Good detective work Don.

[/quote]

Actually this has nothing to do with Paul’s shop at all…Paul is a good friend, and the only thing I’ve ever bought from him was a single tire. I was astonished at the fact he would quote him a $420 price…Don’t worry I never plan coming around your shop anyways…I do believe all Ive ever bought from you is crunk juice…the main point was that 1. that price is insane 2. He was asking for a place that would do it for a reasonable price and 3. All I saw was a PM that was aparently trying to take advantage of someone who didn’t have an idea of what it costs for such services. I guess the prices from Paddock and other GM dealers don’t include all that was posted then right??

Or Gm dealers dont charge $70 an hour, they charge, I think 62 is the minimum.

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:34,topic:25049"”]

Actually this has nothing to do with Paul’s shop at all…Paul is a good friend, and the only thing I’ve ever bought from him was a single tire. I was astonished at the fact he would quote him a $420 price…Don’t worry I never plan coming around your shop anyways…I do believe all Ive ever bought from you is crunk juice…the main point was that 1. that price is insane 2. He was asking for a place that would do it for a reasonable price and 3. All I saw was a PM that was aparently trying to take advantage of someone who didn’t have an idea of what it costs for such services. I guess the prices from Paddock and other GM dealers don’t include all that was posted then right??

[/quote]

I guarantee that they would not do that procedure. No tech ever wanted to do it because as flat rate you would lose your ass.

That is why I told him if he wanted to get it done the right way that was the price, that is how long it takes end of story. Hell I don’t want to do it. You have no idea how much of a pain in the ass it is.

Again Im the asshole. I have never tried to take advantage of anyone. If anything I have pity on the less knowledgeable, which would explain why I am fucking poor!

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:34,topic:25049"”]

[/quote]

Then why not take it to Sweve if those guys are your good friends? And to answer your points…

1. Go somewhere else if you don’t like the price. Don’t make a useless post saying someone is ripping anyone off you fucking douchebag.

2. Then go to quick change and have them “flush” your radiator. I’m sure those guys know what they’re doing.

3. What you really saw was a honest quote for what Don though was reasonable for the work he had to do. If you or your buddy didn’t think it was reasonable then go somewhere else. It’s not like he’s charging your mom $400 for rotating her tires.

This rampant accusation of “price gouging” is bogus. Obviously we live in America, and while we can’t walk into McDonald’s and barter for a Big Mac, we may be able to go to Burger King and get a Whopper for less. It is by and far the customer’s responsibility to educate themselves on their purchases. The company has a responsibility to not intentionally mislead the customer.

Nowhere does it appear that Don attempted to mislead your friend.

Running a business is more difficult than many people understand, and at one point the owner has to reaffirm that they are in business to make a profit. Cutting people deals here and there adds up quickly. They’re not being greedy by charging what they’re worth. They just want to be able to eat once in awhile.

Chris, don’t bother contacting me this summer about detailing. I won’t be detailing your car after this thread. This is the sign of a bad customer. I don’t need bad customers. I have plenty of good ones. :slight_smile:

[quote=“The_Russian,post:35,topic:25049"”]

Or Gm dealers dont charge $70 an hour, they charge, I think 62 is the minimum.

[/quote]

dealer ships are in the 90s for hours. its very comen for blazer to get clogged up i cant tell u how many heater cores ive blown out with those because the dex cool clogs up in there. dons i deas qare correct don doesnt work for a corperation who flat rated there techs. i assure u don would lose his ass if he charged the 69.99 that everyone else does (everyone else will also only do a drain and fill)

Goober I agree with you and thanks everyone for understanding.

It’s not even the fact that I need to eat…that isn’t the point. The point here is that I have built a reputation of busting my ass to help people out and to be slammed on the very thing that is the most important to me over poor reading comprehension and poor facts is wrong.

So for the people who have never worked with me who read this now think that we price gouge etc. That is just plain wrong and I have never done anything of the sort to earn that reputation.