z32 engine install in 240...:?: :!:

hey guys…well i know the more popular swaps for your 240sx is CA or SR…i am replacing my KA and i was wondering if a 300zx engine from 90+ would fit in my 93 240sx…and would i need to upgrade anything (ie. fuel pump)…

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A SOILD z32 engine for a leaneant price… i am 200% serious… please get back to me anyone…

…its all about originality 8)

There are many soiled 300zx engines. Reliability isn’t their strong points.

Anything can fit if you have the time and money.

The engine is bigger, so do you think that the S13 would need some upgrading?

If it’s all about originality, it should also be about researching before asking obvious questions.

Its been done, but it isnt easy.

I just read about a VG swap that’s been done in an s14. You should search Fresh Alloy forums for VG30DETT and VG30ETT. The swap requires a lot of custom fabrication including making a new oilpan since the stock oilpan doesn’t clear the crossmember.

The tranny surprisingly aligns with the stock position pretty well (after you knock in the better part of your firewall…)

The only problem with that swap is the financial aspect. Lots and lots of custom work (but if you know how to weld and like to create stuff, then you own’t mind), two turbo’s, two intercoolers, twice the problems… the engine has great potential, but IMHO it’s not worth doing into a car that accomodates SR’s, CA’s and RB’s so nicely.

I agree, why go through all the trouble putting it in. Also, you will throw the weight distribution off. How much heaver is the VG compared to a KA, SR or CA? If its alot, your going to have an understeering pig on your hands.

The weight distribution is not thrown off by a lot (if any). As I stated previously, the engine sits really far back, you also have to remember that the tranny on the VG is massive (that’s where the engine is a lot heavier) and it sits closer to the middle of the car.

I honestly had serious thoughts about a VG30DETT and calculating it out
it would cost me well over $8000 to get it all installed. IMO not worh it.

Maybe the VG30ET would be a better option?

wow thanks guy…i have to replace my KA and im not sure what to put in…is there a KA on here with low KM?.. for sale… if yes PM me please…

Kiel

You could always try a junkyard. Thev’ve usually got 1 or 2 engines laying around.