1000hp SR20det

I can’t believe there are guys on this board saying that a 10 and/or 11 pass is shit.

Unreal.

trust me dan i know, i posted in the 1/4 mile time stating 13 isnt as easily reached as you think… 10 secconds is ferrari and viper speeds

I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Those are the people running 16s.

As for the rest of this thread… the attitude here is disgusting.

If you have nothing informative to post, keep the fuck out of the thread or bans WILL follow.

totally random, but this thread has my vote for fastest growing thread since ive joined son

5 pages in like 2 hours.

Why don’t you want to do any machine work? You’ll have to get machine work done if you’re changing the headgasket and pistons.

You asked here what parts you need.

agreed lol

Viper runs 12 second stock.

Okay then, without attitude, here you go.
A 10 or 11 sec pass is impressive as hell, for a STREET CAR. When you set out to build a dedicated drag car, for competition purposes it becomes totally average and weaksauce.
Building an SR20DET to 1000hp is an exercise in futility. Even if you do it, you could’ve done it better and cheaper with a different motor. And when you put it into an S-chassis it won’t be anywhere as rewarding in terms of your ET as having put it into a different car.
If you said “I want to build a fast car to have fun with, and occasionaly take to the strip” that would be different, but such a car would not be anywhere near the 1000hp mark. In 99.9% of cases, it wouldn’t even exceed 400whp before it becomes an impractical vehicle.
The reason why people became upset with you, is because you asked a question without really thinking about it yourself.

I say just run as fast as you can on foot, you’ll probably get some decent times. myself, personally, am running about 5000hp on my stock reeboks and run low 2’s. muahaha!

Shouldn’t you all be out drifting in the snow?

I need more power to drift in the snow.

Dude, Unless your draging your car…why do you need that much HP?

He already said that he IS dragging the car and that will become it’s main purpose.

Hahahahaha Drifting in the Snow.

That is funny. I think the Thred needs to be cleaned up or locked and re-started.

And I stay lots of things that other people do not think and I never get beat on, well not seriously I don’t think :smiley:

Build what you want, you have questions to ask then just talk to the people that you know can help you with the answers you are looking for.

lol oh boy…

btw thanks benson i will indeed

is there a specific reason u chose the sr for a project, or is it just cause ur friends have one and u want to go with what you know… u also have to think what category u want to run in. if u run anything Nissan the thoughts are big turbo’s and u run against honda’s and other little annoyances. if u want to go with a big block Chevy engine and go n/a with a supercharger. and run with the mustangs and shiot. then u can reach amazing hp cheaper then what u would get outa a sr, i have been looking for an engine for a few weeks now and i have not chosen one but a big block Chevy was definitely one of the options. stock like 300 horse u can get one in any scrap yard outa a old Chevy truck or something. thats just my take on this whole thing. any one can say I’m gona drop 10gs into an engine. unless u spoiled little rich kid and u can drop even more then that i don’t personally think it would be practical.

i am a spoiled rich kid, and none of my friends have sr’s, i do… i will be in what ever class my car is suitable to run in, at the cscs event there were 15 secconds bracket cars and there were 10 secconds bracket cars… i dont know how my motor will turn out yet.

well skylines run over 1000 hp and i see it lots in mags and the odd thread. look at what they have under there bonnets

What a bunch of mental puke in this thread and on the entire boards.
I believe more BS stuff like this should be locked.

sigh