1992 Honda CX Cranks but Wont Start...has spark and fuel.

^ its a honda not a vw, the ecu is def. not over compensating

ok i did some more looking around…well its getting spark but very minimal spark like thin filament…is this supposed to be right? how much of a spark am i supposed to seee hahah like a lighter spark[multiple sparks] or a single spark how intense should it be? like enuff to make your eyes blink? lol after reading this it doesnt even make sense to me so bare with me haha.
93dx do you know how i can check the timing without the guy and pulling my head? i can see the piston down the sparkplug hole can i tell when its at TDC for a certian cylinder and look at the timing pully? lets say i have cylinder #1 at TDC what should the pulley look like with the -,-,-,up do you know what i mean? lol

isnt the firing order 1,3,4,2? and the #1 cylinder starts from the passenger side [looking at the front of the car left to right] and #4 cylinder end driver side?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/p37ec1b64e7070bb1116c08c0f3030df5/fadea9fe.jpg
Set it to OBTC

is that lookin from the top of the engine down or up [from oil pan]?

Top down. Make sure cam is lined up and then make sure pointer is on 0BTC and then slide on belt, then tighten up the tensinor.

And THENNNN

when the crank is in OTBC where does the cam gear supposed to be?

JDMSIR do you have any instant messenger?

Arrow that says up, goes up, and the little marks on teh side should be lined up with head itself.

Ok I just tried a new distrubutor that didn’t work. I have a spare engine now I’m gonna try the ecu. I’m gonna check the timing today too when I get a chance.

If all else fails I will take the car off your hands :slight_smile: , It is probally teh ECU, give it a shot and get back to us.

Yes, check the ground on the thermostat, and the tranny to the body ground. I have had nightmares dealing with both of those dam grounds. Even when they look ok they still do not work sometimes.

negative jdmsir…

dave and i had a deal many many moons ago about this problem…

lol…

plugged the ecu in nothin the car seems like iit just wants to start like its on the verge of startin…could the gapping on my plug do this?..I don’t have my valve cover on but I have the ground cable still in raked for the cover…anymore idea could a sensor not cause it to start and which sensor? The intake manifold looks like it had a good layer of oil on the manfold throttle body and walls.
For the ground on the transmission and themostat what should I do? Take it off sruff it up? Then put it back?

plugged the ecu in nothin the car seems like iit just wants to start like its on the verge of startin…could the gapping on my plug do this?..I don’t have my valve cover on but I have the ground cable still in raked for the cover…anymore idea could a sensor not cause it to start and which sensor? The intake manifold looks like it had a good layer of oil on the manfold throttle body and walls.
For the ground on the transmission and themostat what should I do? Take it off sruff it up? Then put it back?
I also double checked fuel and it was getting it anf the plugs was covered in it.

yep, pull the gorunds and cloean em up.

and put the valve cover back on.

yeah i was wondering about that

So does the valve cover interfer with it not starting?

well, i know for one, that if the car does start, theres gonna be a hell of a mess of oil

i would def put it back on

problem solved, jumped time by a few teeth, reset timing belt and it runs like a top!

Oh yea can’t beat a master mechanic :slight_smile: lol thanks anthony