240sx back from hell

So I finally finished the body work my car after 2 years of mind boggling hard work. What I want to do is see what you guys think about this deal. I paid $2160 for this car. At first it looked ok. I though hmm just new tires new windshield and some fog lights and I’m off to the races… Not so.

After I pulled the interior out I started to notice some stuff. Holes… and lots of them. So that’s when the work begins because this was the car I wanted for years. And it was either this or a 91 cavalier that kept braking down.

So here is my 2 years of hard work in photos to show you what I had to fix. These are not all the holes and its about 1/2 the amount of work I put into this car. Let me know if the link doesn’t work I am new with Photobucket and posting images.

http://s701.photobucket.com/albums/ww20/DriveShaft240/240sx%20as%20bad%20as%20they%20come/

The car came painted with TRIMCLAD…. Well if any of you know anything about paint Trimclad reacts with car paint so in order to paint this car you have to sand ALL of the Trimclad off. That was before the body work started…

I spent 2775 dollars (in receipts I could find) on this car. You might think lots of aftermarket stuff. Hear is my list of after market parts in this car included in that price. I got a cheepo 2-4/3” inch exhaust $234 and a 100 dollar stainless steel muffler to pass E-testing.

I had shock towers that were so bad if I left them alone I could turn a corner hard and twist my suspension.
I seen cars in the wreckers that were in 10 times better shape then this car. In fact I have never seen any car any where in worse condition then mine.
I snapped about 20% of the bolts and studs in this car. Had to replace them all.

List of parts to bring it back to stock:
Air Conditioner valve motor
Exhaust (cat back)
Front speakers
Used Deck (There was nothing in there before.)
Deck harness
Used Gauge Cluster (cos after 285 km it stopped working.)
New Windshield
Used Fog lights
New Tires
New Spark plugs
Used Hatch
Removal of strange wiring (What is a bike speedometer doing hooked up in the car.?)
Completely new brake lines for the rear.
2 New Rear callipers
New Brake pads and rotors all around
2 New HICAS Steel lines that runs along the floor boards
That’s all I can remember right now.

Problems still to fix. The KA needs to be fully rebuilt. Its compression is 125-130 when it should be minimum 150.
The guy I bought the car from said the Tranny was rebuilt. So it grinds and clunks into gears…. So it needs to be replaced or properly rebuilt. HICAS needs to be fixed not sure what happened to it. AC needs to be fixed it has a huge leak. And I need to replace the old garbage “Bull dog” alarm system that doesn’t work.

What do you guys think the car should have been worth? And what do you think its worth now?

Before all Trimcladed :mad:

After :cool:

you should’ve kept that wing broseph.

Shieeett… That looks really clean. Need more detailed pics of rust repair though.

what red is that? it looks amazing! from what you were telling me…sounds like it was suppose to worth $500-$800…! But kodos for fixing all those issues! Looks absolutely gorgeous and mint now!

hats off to u sir

congrats on this hard work man. Im doing the same ting with my 240sx now and hopefully it turns out great.

I think its worth 3500

Thanks guys. Yeah it’s an G35 Infinity Inferno Red Paint code AX2. It looks sharp in the sunlight. I still have to wait for the paint to fully harden then I can wet sand and buff it. But I am happy it turned out. What would this car be worth dose any one know?

I was thinking of some day adding a 180sx wing to it but for now i feel its better with out the wing. I don’t want a pilots license to drive my car.

I just stated that its worth around 3500 maybe 4000. I bought my clean 240 for 3400. Very minimal rust, all she needs is a new paint job. If you dropped in a SR or a RB then it was obv raise the price.

Oh sorry yeah you did just say that. I didn’t see that before. I was thinking of rebuilding the KA and adding an SR turbo to it.

wow, looks real clean. Respect to all your hard work.

to be honest, thats not even bad condition for a 240…
but for the amount you unfortunately paid for it originally it is kinda upsetting…
paint looks incredible now… well done

I respect your work. Just need a rebuilt ka or sr

Awesome! Is that minty fresh AH3 Cherry Red Pearl I see?

veryyy nice bro

2 years ago stock 240’s were selling for 3g+ … sr 240’s used to sell for 8gs.

Since ppl started to import RHD’s with the 180sx/silvias/skylines available for 5-10 k

Stock 240’s u can get for well under 3g’s and sr 240s are selling for 3 - 4 K

if you were to sell your car id say u would get about 3000. maybe 4500 - 5k with an Sr20

as I see it the car is now worth what I payed for it. I just wish I knew more about 240’s back when I first bought this car. It kills me that in the end i put about 5000 into this car give or take. and I could buy the same thing for 3-4 if i knew at the time what I was doing.

its not a cheery its more of a crimson. It’s fun you open the can and it looks like they gave you a can full of sparkly blood but yes it is a pearl.

what kind of welder did you use?

Awesome work dude.

expecially like this image for some reason. lol.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t167/jonny8686/P5211909resize.jpg

DIY ftw

Btw, with all said and done, how many coats of primer and paint did you have?