4 to 8 swap?!?!?!?

u know i just got done doing mine…exaclty what we need another s10/sonoma v8…there is mine, steves (blue/silver), the other guy i cant think of his name with the orange one and heather from berne, nick from malta fatass (mike d.) from albany and now this one…and thats just 2nd gen… 1st gen there is like 10 of em…nick has 1, another kid from schenectady has one and im sure you guys know more

if you need anything you know ive got a bunch of shit laying around…

for the intake either the kit for the vortech heads or you can do what i did and dremel out a regular intake for non-vortech heads…they also make an efi kit that looks like a carb but is actually efi…seen it on truckin one time and checked it out online…

Eddie’s got the orange 540 big block S10.

its got a 5 speed in it now,so im gonna fill the hole and do a floor shifter

im goin carb either way

and dont ask me what i think itll run cuz i have no idea… ive see em from 14’s down to low 12’s with basic bolt ons

:facepalm no wonder why yours will never be done and run right the lt1 is a completely diff head design than a gen1 small block so without a major expense buy the gmpp carb intake a be done with it ,its easier to mill the heads for a vic jr than the intake :thumbup .steve get what ya can from the kid with the noma like ya said tonight and we can figure the rest out later lets just get it apart and see whats up

Not to mention that the LT1 is reverse coolant flow. You need a LT1 specific manifold due to Vortec style ports, different bolt patern, and the fact that there is no coolant cross over or disty hole in a LT1 intake. GMPP makes the only carb LT1 intake I know of.

nah ya can convert gen 1,s over to it but its not cheap .ya can do it with the heads also ,it all depends on how deep the wallet is and how fast ya wanna go

Yeah your truck sucks bro

Oh Fluff, sell LT1 buy LS3!! Giggedy

word i’m sure RLMS has em just layin around haha

Haha yea seriously!

show howard some guop and i’m sure he’ll part ways with one

i told him, sell the lt1 and buy my small block. its got the vortec carb intake, vortec heads, comp cam kit. its a gm crate motor bottom end with very low miles ready to go! its a perfect mild small block. for what it is it ran good and very reliable and streetable.

and adam, i sold the motor i put in the truck in september… hope to see you out this year:thumbup

exactly what mine was, 2.2 5 speed. carbed is very easy, and good on keeping the electrical down.

definetly the swap takes time take it step by step and itll come along very nicely.

im going to gather as much stuff as i can that i wont need and find everything that ive got laying around. and like ive told him if you want a second opinion or some help hit me up. ive got no problem helping out anyone, special when its a v8 s10. n who cares what other people think steve, long as your happy with the truck then screw em. there will ALWAYS be someone faster.

i really dont care what people think about it…its what i wanted to do with the black truck but just didnt wanna fuck with the inspection bullshit with it being obdII,like i said doode send me a pm with prices :thumbup

the whole fuck it attitude…hahahaha
that is you!

sure is me!!

Do I sense a brohug coming on?

maybe?