4 to 8 swap?!?!?!?

Oh, okay then.

well i dont know what ur talkin bout? the i dont give a fuck attitude? if so then yes:hug

I got a 4L60E if you want to trade that LT1 for a 5.3 LSX

LT1 5.7L 10.5:1cr 275hp 91 octane

LM4 5.3L 9.5:1cr 295hp 87 octane

And they do make a carb maniflod for the LSX but you need the MSD Ignition box for the coil on plug

ughhhhhh y does everyone want me to go lsx??? im gonna use what i have for at least this year.

Ummmmm thats why

the intake i habve works just fine…it has the hole for the disty and the coolant crossover in the front…

Because lt1’s are stone age technology compared to the lsx series

So you’re telling me a GenI intake works great on an LT1? Youre probably leaving 30-50hp on the table just due to the ports not lining up worth dick

never said that im saying the intake i put on mine, the port lines up and works fine…for dick

Im confused now…

wicked confused, and seans wrong the lt1 isnt stone age technology i have to say, but the lsx series chevy small blocks are just lightyears ahead, lt1’s go god damn good when work is put to them but their ignitions are a bit weak…ive seen personally carbed lt1’s go good, the long intake runners really help the motor out, a nice cam, the gmpp intake and proper air and fuel with your carb will make this one fun ass truck…lsx would be awesome but, also much more expensive.

I wouldnt say much more expensive. There are thousands of trucks built every year and these motors are much more plentiful than LT1s and Vortecs. The low CR makes it even better cause you can run 87 now and 20psi boost later. The LT1 is still a great engine but its becoming less practical every day

LT1 - 92-97
350 Vortec or L31 96-01
LSX - 99-present

Pfft lt1’s are dogs compared to the ls platform. The ignition system is complete shit and they fall off top end like theres no tomorrow

^^ok hater, what do YOU have?

the drivetrain may be cheap but a lot of the supporting needs arent ,lsx swap headers are coin so is a runnin system if goin carb and so on ,woth it yes at times ,but fluffer is just lookin for fun so lets get this deal goin lololol

mine isnt as bad down low as it used to be ,and now my ignition is good :lol

what sean is failing to realize that when he goes carb, the lt1 ignition system becomes highly modified. and you can make it muucchh muchh stronger. and falling off topend is easy to fix with gearing, a cam, etc…

oh yeah and its costs a lot

lt1 does not have low compression, hence why it went to a reverse cooling system in hopes to run more compression, i believe its 10:1 cr

This thread sucks.