730whp 460ftlbs @27psi on E98

Im pretty sure i Just posted this the other day???

ok, so next investment is going to be a truck and trailer. Im tired of depending on people to get to and from the track.

Yes stop talking about it and go do it!

I used to depend on that its by far the worst ever.
Believe it or not, it is worse to be the one that owns the truck and trailer! everyone is like “hey I need a tow”

I am like “hey give me money and i’ll do it”

Just bought a house…little low on cash. lol you hit that on the head…ask j about that :slight_smile:

one thing worse than truck is a trailer lol. they are whores everyone wants a tow or borrow it.

I’m one of them. :stick:

I’m not too familiar with E98… I’m guessing by your mpg it has a similar higher burn rate that E85 has?

yes

Just asking mang. How available is E98? I’ve been thinking about switching my car to run on E85, but I know my mpg will drop quite a bit, plus I’ll be limited to around 23 psi for safe operation. My current situation isn’t much better than yours. I get about 18 mpg… while not in boost and I’m running C-16 (15$/gallon). Yeah, I can switch it back down to 93 without having to empty my tank out, but my turbo doesn’t start having fun until it hits around 20 lbs.

Not to jack thread but… I have just recently been tuned to 40psi on E85. I think your sleeping on its detonation threshold.

Also I have recently traveled 200 miles on 3/4 tank of fuel E85 in the Evo , this is with 1600cc injectors , dual intank walbro’s upgraded fuel rail etc. etc. It averaged 19 mpg!!! Not too bad…

Well my tuner is a bit apprehensive to give me the green light to run E85 in my car at 30 psi. If that is b/c very few guys with a 2jz are doing it or b/c he doesn’t trust whether I’ll be getting a true E85 mixture (as opposed to E70) or whatever the reason he has, I’m not certain. He’s one of the better (AEM) tuners out there, so while I question him to gain knowledge, I also don’t doubt it either.

The uncertainty of the mixture is my only concern. That is the advantage of buying say E98 from a distributor, and not from the pump. Not like you will know weather you have true E85 or E70 until you get a log in and see a change in AFR or Knock activity.

I suppose it is best to trust your tuner , if he isnt comfortable with it well then , I guess it is VP fuel for ya nothing wrong with that , just costly .

o i believe it can be done. just not on the tune i have now, not sure if the fuel being e98 containing 13% more ethanol has anything to do with mpg’s Beings that you have to add 30-40% more fuel for e85 i would think e98 would be more like 40-50% more fuel than petrol. Plus as always Evans tunes are way conservative. on the other hand your car has to be a beast at 40psi. How does your drivetrain like it? What turbo are you using?

As previously stated i bought my fuel from rockett brand race fuels it was $450 shipped to my door for 55gal drum. They do make ethanol test kits that measure the amount of ethanol in a batch of fuel. If you are going to be daily driving your car i would not reccomend switching to ethanol. If its a weekend warrior at the track and on the road its a different story.

well stoich for pure Ethanol is around 8:1 stoich for gas is 14:7

so yes you will be using alot more fuel

E85 has a higher stoich compared to E98

Well drivetrain is well um maybe gonna play nice. I already split 1 Transfer Case. Ring & Pinion got pissed off a little.

Using a Buschur custom turbo , Its a billet precision compressor wheel , Its been tuned to 40psi but only been as high as 35psi out on the streets!!

well what did it run bald1one last night

wow! I would love to see what real traction is like at that level! What did you put down #'s wise?

no good…something is goofy with the boost by gear. It was being super lazy. I changed all my vacum lines to nylon w/pushloc fittings and im thinking i got the lines backwards on the mac valve. The car only hit 18psi once @9300 in third gear the first pass of the night. 11.84@124 was all i could get with the extremly lazy boost.

650whp 560wtq

very nice!..have you taken it to a track yet?

well throwing on a manual boost controller to see if that solves the boost issue… hopefully i see more than a 12psi average

If you guys are buying 55 gallons of E98 and only driving 300 miles a year one needs to be careful how you store it. I have successfully stored E85 for 6 months. When I used it in the spring it ran ok, car went 129mph running low to mid 9’s AFR on a gas wideband (something like 5-6AFR on ethanol calibration), conservative tuning. I put some fresh E85 in and it seemed to run better. Then I went from 30 psi to 40 and pushed a piston. Apparently stock pistons don’t like heat, oh well.

I put my sealed steel container on a dirt floor up on two wooden crates. I kept it away from walls and had it in a barn to help keep it from huge temperature swings.

Pump E85 only really changes from E70-E90 in the northeast. I was worried at first but it really isn’t a huge AFR swing. I’d say maybe half an AFR from the winter E70 to the summer E85-E90. Sure its half an AFR but I’ve seen tunes drift that much from daytime to evening when the sun falls due to poor air temp correction on a speed density setup. Like the older DIY honda tuning of the earlier part of this century.