'76 cb360 cafe

been busy lately with a few other projects. got back to this for a little bit tonight, a bit more shaping of the rear seat section. I first removed the top layer of foam because i didn’t like the slant of it. I re-glued a fresh piece on top and started shaping again. its a little taller, and slants down farther. I also narrowed the sides. then Derek started dremeling out the recess for the R6 tail light. We decided to mount it upside down to fit the shape of the rear section of the tail. it still needs a coat of filler and a finish sand. the tail light will be molded smooth to flow with the tail. a few cell pics

:tup:

got my clip ons in the mail today. threw em on real quick. I’m still unsure what headlight i want to run. a 360 headlight its pretty small. i held up a 550 headlight up to it, i kinda like it, but still unsure. also did a bit of molding the tail light, but i forgot to take pics of that :ham:

Which headlight is that in the pic, the 360? It looks good from here. Also where did you get the clip ons and how do you like the quality?

More pics?

550 headlight. eBay special clipons. I’m happy with them. They are nicer than the last set i had. The old ones weren’t adjustable. The bar was just welded to the clamp (for the fork tube)

more pics of?

Stay with the 550 light, it looks good.

Ebay special…like these? Looks similar
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAFE-RACER-41mm-CLIP-ON-HANDLEBAR-FULLY-ADJUSTABLE-CNC-ALLOY-NEW-FREE-DELIVERY-/251397916956?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3a887bc91c

I was just wondering if you had more pics to post but didnt realize that was the 29th (2 days ago). never mind carry on :tup:

these are the ones i bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181189502693?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

heres two more quick pics. close, but still a lil filler/sanding before layin fiberglass

This thing done yet? :lol:

nope lol.

BUT! He did decide to scale back the plans and complete the bike and list it for sale. he ordered steel and aluminum to fab up some things…going to build a set of triple trees to narrow the front end about 3/4"-1" or so, running a cb550 front wheel and a cb750 rear wheel, and a yfz600 front rotor on the cb550 wheel to fit the suzuki boulevard fork/caliper. Instead of building the hybrid motor and running ITB’s from a ninja650, he wants to stick with stock motor and carbs with pods or stacks. Just have to fiberglass the seat, toss in the wiring, and bondo/paint the tank and seat.

is your miata done yet?! @GV1390

Up! Just finally lit the bitch on fire.

Pics? @GV1390

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070822005225/uncyclopedia/images/4/44/OHSNAP.gif

Sooo… I don’t have to come help work on it tonight then?! Lol @GV1390

ill prolly be able to come by tonite after helping @Minglor this afternoon

I’ll be at the shop around 4:45 today for a couple hours max.

Cars make my brain hurt right now. But I don’t want to start mine on fire. Just look at it while drinking.

^solution for everything

honestly i think this is how “well that looks good enough to me” was born

“i’ll change that next winter”

“That’s temporary” @focusinprogress

@cougarspeed no Miata this weekend so let’s drink beers.