'76 cb360 cafe

Idk how I missed this thread! Awesome work, both of you, I bet your excited to get back on a bike again nick! I love thr handle bars they look great! everything looks great! What’s the plan for the civic? That really sucks that there is a chunk missing, I remember helping you put that back together lol.

Travisn- here’s the measurements!

Diameter- 1.804
Depth- .605

What is that .605 measured to/from? I think .250 of insertion will be plenty.

here is where the starter goes that the plug will be made to fit

got the rear sets mounted today. they are off an R6

Nick brought over the fender off his bike and trimmed it down. I got the both ends he isn’t using. I mocked up the front fender and eye balled a rear hugger fender

Nick then hacked off the eye on the bottom of the new shocks

we then unscrewed the bottom off the shock. we are going to drill/tap the whole all the way through the cylinder and then put a little bolt through the clevis we cut off the old shocks. it will be bolted together to look somewhat like this…

as the bike sits for the night

For now I’m thinking of ditching the 2-1 exhaust and run straight pipes just past the rear sets with turn downs on the ends.

can you take the ends off to drill those holes in a lathe?

the part of them that was already drilled conveniently left me a perfect centerline to run a 1/8" bit through the remainder of the slug on my drillpress, then I flipped them over and reamed them to the proper bore for running the tap the rest of the way through. only problem is I can’t find a M12x1.25 tap to borrow anywhere locally…

that bead on the far right is looking alot better, but you do have a serious amount of undercut. it looks like the weld was centered on the top plate and not the joint, try to get it to flow better. anything you can hand a fingernail on, you dont want.

^thanks for the advice. that was literally my first time welding ever pretty much lol. I still have alot of practice ahead of me

I finally got the tap I needed to make the suspension I bought work. The pic shows how its going to be done. I still have to cut the bolt that holds the clevis on and loctite it all back together.

Here is the exhaust in planning.

above view

The black turn-down piece was cut from the stock headers off the ninja500r I had a few years ago. They slid right into the headers on the bike now. I left a little gap and welded them in place. I then ground off the right on the header where the clamp holding the mufflers on would rest against.

both complete

then I decided to pull the motor

then removed the swing arm and forks. this is how it sits for the day. I still have a few tabs I want to grind off and a few welds from previous tabs being cut off to grind away at.

Progress :tup:

I’m a fan of your bike stand, haha.

Not to be critical but the rearsets are definitely NOT straight… Take some time and slow it down, you;ll be happier in the end.

lol thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

i know :frowning:

I, like an idiot, accidentally purchased 2 rectifiers. Before I return this extra, i’m offering it to you at a minor discount since I won’t need it, and I don’t want to deal with the hassle of returning it. It’ll work with your bike just fine. Let me know dude!

-Paul

Got a few goodies in the mail yesterday: grips, clutch/brake levers, head light ears, headlight visor, bar end mirrors, turn signals and pod filters

Went outside for a lil bit today and did a bit of grinding.

center stand brackets cut off

brackets that held a mini storage box cut off

tab on the down tube by the neck cut off

under side shot

Mastercam programs are written!

Hey, I made the same mistake when I first purchased my brake level grip, but the one you bought looks like a cable (drum) lever and not one for a front caliper brake. Just FYI

can’t wait to see the part!

Was I right with that brake lever?

yea, its for a drum front brake

I did a little face palm when I got mine… and FYI… in all my research, for the stock resevoir perch, there is no matching lever to the cable clutch lever… I just found one in black that was different(more oem shaped)