'76 cb360 cafe

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/5493/p1000701y.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img43/5449/p1000702p.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img22/1996/p1000703fm.jpg

Dude thats great!!! What sort of enticing would it take for you to do one for my 450?

YES! looks dope!

I kinda want to throw it in the tumbler for a day or so to smooth it out, up to you. I still might try to make one out of plastic on Monday, the blank is all ready to go.

There were only a few problems: the tool path for the curved part of the ‘brace’ was sort of weird so there are a few square chunks taken out and I couldn’t figure out how to get the top tool path to go in a circle instead of a square.

Maxwell, I knew this would happen. I’m not sure what sort of enticement I would need, this was more of a personal challenge as I am fairly new to cnc. It was 3-4 hours of programming and an hour or so of running the cnc and setting it up. Sure the second (and subsequent pieces) wouldn’t take as long but ‘spring break’ is over and classes start up Monday so my amount of free time is quickly diminishing. PM me and I’m sure we can figure something out.

You can write a while loop with an increment, then use G1 X Y followed by G3 X Y I J for 180, then repeat for the other 180. Then X + x and Y + y and Z + z while Z is less than some value

I don’t feel comfortable free-balling g-code on a brand new Haas cnc. We have mastercam 6, I just need to find the right tool path that does what I want, currently it’s a scallop height based program. You can’t really feel the cusps as it was a 1/4" tool and a .004 step over/ .002 scallop height, if I remember correctly. It would be more for aesthetics, but it does look kind of cool and would sand off pretty easily if desired.

you guys are speaking jibberish haha. the part that sticks out would look nicer smooth, other than that it looks good!

There are so many bike threads out here…

the part that sticks out? you mean the bmw symbol like pattern on the top?

yea, the visible part once its installed. but maybe seeing it in person, i might like it lol

The one I made weighs 29 grams or 1.03oz. That’s both pieces, without hardware.

Damn. CB’s are the new civic…errr…Sti/Evo…errr…335i.

mmm shedding weight haha!

decided to strip the tank/fill small dings/flush where the emblems go

before

during

after

step 1 fiberglass reinforced filler

step 2 moar fiberglass filler/light weight filler on lil dings

as it sits for the night. still need to do a finial skim coat and block the whole thing down. should be ready for some etching primer tomorrow.

updates to the tank.

last skim coat sanded down

ground down the tabs that the trim would have slid into

hanging tank

etching primer

rough idea for the battery tray

tac’ed. that’s as far as I got because the tank was ready to be sanded etc.

tank is looking good dude!

plug is in the mail!

Thanks dude! Can’t wait to see it and test fit it!

Ugh, I need my frame back NOW.

maxwell, I just drove past southtowns sanblasting on my way to the rez today haha!