acceleration problem *solved* cat clogged

So just the other day my acceleration in the car is crap its a 92 KA, I’m pretty sure a Geo metro would beat me :frowning: . The rpms climbs slowly in all gears(my foot is pretty much to the floor), and the engine seems a lil louder then usual when accelerating. i have no idea what is going on, the only thing i have done is clean the airfilter, but still no difference. Has anyone had similar problems? please help!

Clutch slipping?

dont know what exactly that feels like, but ill say no. if it does wouldnt the rpms jump up?

yes the rpms would go up…how high are u in the revs?

well they dont go up fast at all, i put my foot to the floor and it takes alot longer then it did a couple of days ago, i shift around 3k.
i dont know how to explain it, all i can say is that when i wanted to go above 3k it did it easy before this problem and it pulled hard now it takes forever and it doesnt pull as much

You said it sounds a little louder, can it be an exhaust leak?

i dont know if this matters but i have a gas leak somewhere from the top of the gas tank, so its either the lines or the reciever part or somthing, havent had time to drop the tank. not sure if that would cause anything, cause maybe its a fuel issue. although the car was fine when the leak started which was liike 2 weeks ago

so maybe the the seal around the header is leaking?or could it be further down the exhaust, would that cause the dramatic accleration loss?

It could be the gas leak stressing the stock fpr, or a clogged catalytic converter, or an exhaust leak. A leaky gas tank should be fixed right away, you don’t want your car to go on fire.

ya I’m working on the leak kinda broke at the moment getting it done this weekend hopefully.

Yea check the seals from the header, down pipe, then check the ones to the catalytic converter. Usually with an exhaust leak, the car sounds a little louder and there’s some hesitation during acceleration.

k if thats not it how can i tell if the catalytic converter is toast, or is that just one of things you just have to buy a new one.

edit:
there no hesitation though with the acceleration , the accleration is not there, the whole time im driving it has a slow rpm climb, there no point where it decides to act normal

It could be fuel delivery. Does it rev crappy acceleration in park too?

no it revs around 750 to 800 in neutral

You mean idle? or rev?

Well im in class, You should check if your ECU is throwing any Codes. I’m not sure how 240’s run in Limp mode.

ya sorry that was what my idle is like in neutral

k thanks for your help

if u have a leak too there could be shit in ur gas tank, and then shit in ur gas line, which leads to a plugged fuel filter. And then u have no power because no gas is getting through. When i had my gas leak thats exactly what happened to me and then i replaced the fuel filter and she was alive again, then i fixed the tank. If u have a big exhaust leak it wont be a DRAMTIC drop in acceleration but it will affect it.

Is it boggy at all?

ya that makes sense ill replace the filter first , where’s that located anyways?
Boggy? what do you mean?