any dubbers want to help me out?

allright i dont want to catch a bunch of bullshit for this but i need some help

the car is just about done, i need to get my new intake and exhaust manifolds and hook up the axles

the engine needs to be wired in, pete convinced me to do this swap and i was told that he would help me out with the wiring cause i have no idea about wiring and i cant stand it, i texted him to see when he could give me a hand cause he said it would be quick and easy. but apparently he “has a life” and doesnt have time

so now im officialy fucked because im getting a new job soon and i need some source of transportation and my car is just sitting in the driveway waiting to be wired and im running out of money

so if any of you guys could give me a hand sort through this wiring that would be awesome just let me know…my car is a '84 rabbit convert. with a 1.8L 16v and 5sp trans, all of the 8v harness has been removed (pass side harness and the box near the wiper motor) and the rest of the harness thats attached to the fuse box has just been pulled through the fire wall (laying on the floor)

and i have ALL of the wiring out of the donor car including the ECU and fuse box

someone please help me out

http://a2resource.com/electrical/CE1.html

read up.

sweet thanks but that is all gibberish to me, means nothing lol

well read the “gibberish” and learn it. its a CE1 to Mk1 swap. read and get cracking!

well i even read this top to bottom and it means nothing to me
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4773933-MK1-ABA-swap-A1-ABA-swap-Rabbit-ABA-swap-Rabbit-2.0-swap-2.0-into-A1-2.0-into-MK1-info-thread&highlight=16v+rabbit+swap+wiring

i mean i HATE wiring, i cant even stand wiring fog lights lol

and none of the things i have found tell you step by step what to do, it just lists a bunch of shit and tells you what the shit is idk why but wiring is one thing i can not stand

if you hate wiring, an old VW is a bad project.

yeah well i was told i was going to have help with the wiring but then when it was time to do it that someone “has a life” and “doesnt have time” all of a sudden

cant rely on unreliable sources. always have an alternative plan.

it was a spur of the moment decision haha

i would have just left the 8v in it and did the maintenance.

i can never leave shit alone lol, but whatever. its in there and done, just gotta get the wiring done and fluids changed, ill get it wired one way or another…i hope

Quoted for the truth. These are one of the most reliable VW engines.

8v ftw, if i knew more about the swap setup id help ya out. Get on roflwagens.com and talk to N75 - hes big with rabbits

Thanks man I forgot about that site

you forgot about it! WTF! ha jk, but ya sign up an post there. Jesse (n75) and danny (dbus) along with others are very good when it comes to older vw’s.

OR get ahold of Dave at Inline Performance really know his stuff when it comes to VW/Audi

This.

Yeaaa I’m not gonna get fucked crazy labor prices

VWvortex has pages and pages about this swap. read slowly and it will all come to you

IDK if you’ve done work with dave before, but he tends to be very reasonable.