anyone want to hit the ice this weekend?

yah dude…shoot me a PM with your address if I was getting on the northway here at exit 8…I dont have anything going on tomarrow and I actually love studding tires lol

I was doin em by hand to start. Sully was using my drill lol. I did the last 1/2 of the last tire with the gun.

you hafto go through or else your just going to rip the studs right out…you will spit them all out within 5 laps on the ice.

My studs are 1" long…they go all the way through…so does everyone elses down there. Tubless of course. They hold air just as well as before they were studded. The point is to have studs long enough to go through the whole tire lining because thats what holds the screw in…not the rubber.

Ahhh WTF!! I was told to get 1/2" ones and not to go through. Damnit. How do the tires hold air then with them going all the way through?

its like this…

picture you have a nail in your car tire…you notice it, and your tire is still holding air…now when you take the nail out, your tire goes flat

same principle with quad tires. As long as they go all the way through (are 5/8 or longer) the tire lining is hard enough to make a perfect seal around the screw that goes through to where it wont leak.

who told you that? on a dirtbike you dont go all the way through because dirtbikes have tubes…on a quad, you go all the way through and it doeswnt affect them.

Yeah i get it i guess. Just figured with that many holes ya would get fucked lol. So how quick are those 1/2"ers gonna fly out?

lets just say I had 700 of the 1/2 studs laying around last year and my buddy put them in his YFZ and they were all gone within 30 minutes of riding.

they were ripping out like a dentist removes teeth.

:eek: Wow…that sucks. Hope you ******* behind me enjoy it!! :rofl

lolllll

luckily, I wont be behind ya :wink:

Oh yes you will be… you have to at some point when your lapping me:rofl

Then the stud spraying begins!!

haha…

if you have enough studs to get atleast one stud in each lug in the rear to the point where you will hook up more then spinning, you might not rip the studs out…they will rip out when your spinning and then hook

Ahh, ok. Sounds like im throwin alot more in then!

On the edge lugs, I only have one stud in each lug…all the others I put in 2 studs in one lug…

Those heads look bigger than what i got too…

Oh well, its all for fun anyways

i’ll pm you noaw.

sent you a PM

Yeah studding is actually pretty fun i gotta admit. I just wanna throw more and more in it lol

we’ll see how fun its gonna be tommorrow, with (2) electric drills

I will bring a pack of some left overs I have too just in case we run out of yours.

Im thinking about taking my camaro out tomarrow since its alot better on gas then my blazer and the roads are dry.

just be lucky ur not coming in to schenectady county…roads suck here still!