ATTN: Honda Enthusiast's.

Kind of a technical and experienced question.

My friend has a 95 Integra with a Frankenstein motor (B16 Bottom end, 1.8 GSR head)

His clutch…well she’s a goin! Right now we are weighing his options for a transmission swap. As well as a B20 bottom end out of a Honda CR-V.

From my experience the Type-R transmission works the best on any B-series. Now, however. All the true “Honda boys” are yappin about the B16 transmission with an LSD put into it. It’s apparently much better then the Type-R transmission.

From your experiences…what tranny would be best for longer gear’s, LSD and a little bit better top end.

As well. I’m way rusty on Honda stuff. A clutch for a B20 will work on any B series transmission? No?

Fill me in. I have forgotten most of the Honda stuff. Se refresh me puh lease!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

Yo,

First of all, don’t bother swapping in a Type R tranny. The gear ratio’s are incredibly short.
Either go with the GSR tranny(decent gear ranges with a nice top end), or the LS as it has the longest gears (guys running turbo setups usually sport them.)

As for the clutch… im assuming that a B20 would work, but if you end up grabbing either of the tranny’s listed above, getting a clutch should be cake.

Also, don’t you mean a B18 bottom, fitted with a B16 head?

Hope my advice helps out. Im not really into Honda’s as much as I used to be, but I’ve got a few buddies that are crazy about them.

i used a GSR clutch on my old B20-Vtech!! and the best tranny to use for Turbo B-series is LS, and for short gears use the B16 tranny best thing is to use a GSR transmission!!!

he is n/a. and it is a B16 bottom end. not a B18. GSR head intake and engine management. vtec snaps at 4500rpm :wink:

so…ls? what year?

K chris tell him to swap In a b16 LSD with the ls fifth gear

Or a gsr with ls fifth

i believe 94 up teg. ls trans is what you want

I’m telling you right now I’m runnig the LS tranny and it is the shittiest drive your motor works more then it should and it fucks up the vtec solenoid because it stays open for to long the only plus side is the gas mileage.

All you have to do is get a gsr tranny and rebuild it with the ls fifth this way you get your performance through 1-4 and you get your gas milege in 5th

muffin…how much that gonna cost him? this is for nick eh. so if you know anyone with a built trans already hook it up!

Tell nick if he gives me a pie I can see what I can do LOL I’ll look into it

b16 bottom end and gsr head?..:rolleyes: that makes sense…

If its a b20 bottom end with gsr head go with siR or b16 tansmission End of story

why the hell can’t you have a B16 bottom end with a GSR head??? GSR heads are ALL VTEC…what in gods name are you talking about buddy?

lol, I think its because it sounds weird.

I’ve never heard of that setup before either, that’s why I asked.

v-tec at 4500 will make you lose power if anything. And a b16 bottom end, a gsr head is the stupidest thing you can possible do. B16’s have zero tq, and there heads are very aggressive. Gsr, has a bit more tq, but the head isnt as aggressive. So that set up, is ass backwards. And to run a long gear tranny on a n/a honda motor is dumb aswell. You will fall out of v-tec everytime you shift, therefor makng the car slower.

The only thing a type r tranny has on any a Sir or gsr tranny is the lsd. Gears are short as hell aswell. If your going N/A with the b20v get a jdm gsr tranny with lsd. and call it day.

^^ what he said

^ditto,

I was trying to say the same a couple posts up.

Like I said chris I’ll take care of the tranny for you

you people do NOT fucking listen or read for shit.

I said…he HAS a B16 btm. GSR head right now. he is GETTING a B20 btm end because I KNOW the B16 btm end is shit for his combo. I was simple asking for trans suggestions! Not motor suggestions. I have built honda motors from the ground up, boosted, sprayed, n/a all of it. Can any of you run a Stock D16 on 17psi for over 2 years and not blow it up? It yanked like a mother fucker. Frankensteins left right and center. Motors are easy as pie for me.

I just do not know much about Honda trans…thats why i asked. And eventually he wants to boost his new “frankenstein” motor. Keeping that in mind I’m assuming the trans everyone has said will still do the job? It’s his DD. He just got it a month ago and I just finished fixing all the mickey mouse bullshit wiring and nigger rigged bullshit all over his car done by Paul at split fire. Now…we’re looking to amp up the power/drive train.

Muffin, let me know buddy. Thanks for all your help brother!

Everyone one else i appreciate your ideas. They have been taken into consideration.

P.s sorry for being an ass face…i’m having one fuckin horrid day. The last thing i needed was someone telling me v-tec a 4500rpm makes you lose power.

And the only reason that is hapening is because we are running a O.E jdm GSR ecu. We had a tuned ecu that was fuckin shit. Car would not rev past 8 g’s. Believe me the car has much more power hittin v-tec at 4500 rather than 6500

A lot of people I know have either GSR or LS trannys hooked up.

LMFAO

Honda is poo btw