Azn Dan's Camaro

my rules lol…called I win. hahaha

I think we have to start a poll

car sounds way better in person. Even better with air conditioning on :slight_smile:

its real sick with the AC on lol

Thanks!

and did u go to the track today?

yeah… just to mess around. I knew I wasn’t going to be running any good times. Learned a good bit though, and found a few issues that need to be addressed.

My best time was looking away 12.8 @ 115 with a 2.66 60’.

and that would be with me living on the rev limiter in the 1-2 shift… it cut the tires loose really bad and… well… yeah…

dont forget you did trap 91mph in the 1/8 for your best 1/8 mph
and you did trap 116 in the 1/4 for best 1/4 mph

congrats fool

Get some drag radials and tuned and you will be knocking on the 11’s. Jeff said its pretty mean

I am not a fan of drag radials on stick cars. will be getting a set of bias ply tires…

The gears are worse than I initially thought… I was going through the traps in 3rd…

Great times dan, wait till you get your mods on the car, then it will fly.

what mods are on the car now asian dizzle

ummm i think they are on… hahaha

lol the heads and cam are on… tune is kinda half assed at the moment… I have no clue as to where I am suppose to be shifting this thing at… the clutch is kind of holding… the car needs gears like none other… the stock tires were actually decently hooking.

To say that there is lots left in the car would be an understatement. The times I ran are just of me getting a basic idea of the car. Come early May, it will be an entirely different monster, after I get to address the issues it has now.

nice, glad to hear the heads worked out good. I take it you didnt have to flycut? who tuned it for you? whos going to get to do the final tune? I’m sure we can get you some time on the mustang dyno

initial start up tune was from Ed from VA speed. I drove on that and didn’t like it… I went back and looked at the tune with Quik and noticed the only thing Ed basically did was make it idle and take some of the torque management out. So Just to play around, it got leaned out a bit above 4500 (narrow band readings were in like the 930 mv range) and added a little bit of timing (only had like 21* of timing), just to play around with it. It is by no means the final tune of the car (which will be done by Ed from VA speed), but it’s better than stock or mailorder.

No, I did not have to flycut. Thank god. I had to order a new set from West Coast Cylinder Heads, but Rich was awesome to work with about it

after running the car against a few cars on the street, I have a general idea of how much power/how fast it is. I just have to make it useable now…

car looked good. it seemed to bog real bad off the line then picked up nice. there was some black smoke on the big end, so it needs leaned out a little. change the gears and tune it will be an 11 sec car.

Dont forget it was HOT as hell yesterday and strong head winds… There are some deep 11 second passes with better air and better driving/tune. 115-116mph in those conditions for that car seems pretty good to me for being a rough tune.

how did thet converter work out? i saw 1 of your runs then i left. what was your best?

COnverter is working like it should but I need to get some boost off launch because I cant quite 60 foot as well now. My best ended up being 10.08 at 138.7. Last run was going to be a good one but I spun all of first. 10.17 at 140.3