BMW 328xi Coupe or Sedan?

Naturally, I love the look of the Coupe over the Sedan. Here’s my dilemma…

One of the biggest reasons I’m getting a new car is to step up into something more adult. The RSX is very fun to drive, but it’s really not a car you can drive to the office and expect to be taken seriously by anyone over 17.

The ONLY reason I’d want the 4-door Sedan would be to be the driver when it comes to lunch or dinner occasions with coworkers or family. The problem is that only happens once in a blue moon, so I feel like I’d have 2 or 3 doors that I’d never use, yet I’d be squeezing my fat ass into a smaller driver’s door just so I can have the option of driving my parents somewhere without worrying if they can make it into the back seat. I’d usually opt to have them drive their 4-door and I’ll sit in the back with my girlfriend like we’re little kids. Just a psychological thing, really, but enough of a thing that I’m posting about it on a car forum—the logical place, right?

Can anyone with a 4-door chime in here and help me understand the benefit(s) I may be missing?

Have you wned a four door vehicle before? I miss having four doors quite often. But if i buy a BMW i think i am still buying a coupe. There are alot of cars out there that i think look great as a sedan the 3-series just isn’t one of them.

i drive a sedan now after coupes before, and i like having the ease of not dealing with the hastle of only 2 doors.

plus the 3xx sedans are nice enough looking that it wont be an eye sore

4 doors fucking rules, don’t let anyone tell you any different… I would have a hard time going back to a 2 door car despite how useless my backseat may or may not be.

edit: benefits, while you may not want to drive around 4 people you can without a hassle to yourself - sucks for them in the back b/c im not moving my seat but whatever. Shopping is much easier… you can open the door and throw shit in the back easily. My car is small but i’ve fit some big stuff back there, just last week i threw a wrought iron bistro table and 2 chairs in my backseat. It wasn’t easy but i made it work… you wont regret 4 doors, trust me, the wife has a 2 door accord and I f’ing hate the two door BS.

I want an E90 M3 so bad, they just look better than the coupe, wider stance, slightly shorter…

Plus it would be nice to have a way to get shit into the back seat.

4 doors are ridiculously useful.

why get an Xi… the AWD system from BMW is MEH at most…

My m3 with snow tires is very stable over the winter…

the e90 coupe is a nice car… but i would rather choose a 335i coupe/sedan over a 328

if you really want AWD
What about an Audi A4… or a5?

Quattro >>>> BMW X

that being said…

My back seats on my car are useles… it may be because of the sparco’s but getting people into the back of my car is annoying … but they are comfrotable when your finally back there

I prefer the 4dr. It soo much easier to be honest… In the 3series there isn’t much room already.

I would only purchase a 2dr if you never plan on having anyone in the back seat

If you are looking for AWD this is a better choice

that being said…

My back seats on my car are useles… it may be because of the sparco’s but getting people into the back of my car is annoying … but they are comfrotable when your finally back there

Stock seats are not any better, and probably worse because they are thicker

2 door is fine if you have another car. No way I could live with my GTO’s 2 doors if my wife didn’t have an SUV.

I wish my car had 4 doors. So much more practical. At least my SUV is a 4 door.

wait…squeeze into a smaller drivers door? really dude?

get the 4 door.

Yup 2 doors sucks. Sundance has 4 doors as does the TL. They are just necessary.

Viper, I really only want the 3-series. Not very open to other ideas, sorry!

I’m heading to the dealer now. I’ll see what I think and report back. :slight_smile:

yah, you don’t need awd. just get a 328I.
4 door’s are hot. and useful.

4 doors ftw, so many uses that you dont normally think of

Guess I’m in the minority here… Personally, I HATE 4-door cars…

but…

That’s because I’m 6’3", and like to sit back in the seat comfortably and not be on top of the steering wheel. If I sit like I do normally in MOST 4-door cars, the B-pillar is RIGHT next to my head creating a huge blind-spot, and if I open the window I just get a face-full of wind.

My old SRT4 had 4 doors, hardly used the back ones, but they are so nice to have when transporting more than one person, I hate people ‘climbing’ into the back of my ride.

My new whip… Infiniti G35 sedan, posed me with a similar issues when I was looking for a new ride. Having a child made the decision easier to go four door, plus being a business professional and entertaining clients, having company come to visit, etc. made it a clear choice. I don’t feel the sedan is as ‘handsome’ as say the G35 coupe, but I don’t feel like I sacrified too much performance, comfort, or driving fun by choosing the 4 door over the coupe. But my business partner who has no kids and a wife who doesn’t care what he buys or drives bought a G37 coupe a few months ago and I do eye it up in our parking lot sometimes because it is a beautiful car!

BMW AWD FTL
328 FTL

This thread is full of fail.

On another note, 4 doors rule. :tup:

nothing wrong with a 328 – they’re a great deal for the money. avoid the AWD, get the premium package or something else instead.

even BMW has admitted numerous times that the only reason they sell AWD is because the marketing people force them to.