Briere should be suspended for 10 games at least!

there is no place in hockey for briere to be a total dick head… should be out for the season totally uncalled for…

casts out flamebait

you my friend must have looked everywhere but good ole’ nyspeed.com, this thread in particular.

hockey is fucking hockey.

just like pitchers beaming batters on purpose.

maybe something happened b4 that cheep shot to him…

I was more referring to looking for a sports writer to say it was a cheap shot. I’d even accept a biased Toronto sportswriter but even they made no such claim.

Thumbs up to Briere…

i would have did the same thing…
knowing that ovechkin got a 100 fine… what danny did is nothing… maybe a 2 min if that… its hockey, its a sport, its a game thats how its played

paybacks a bitch

hrm, i never saw that “on ice” view before, i only saw the full speed from above view of the hit

with the on ice view, he’s definitely going to try and pop him (a la brian campbell vs umberger) but peca shifts to the other side. you can even see the hawk player shift his weight to try and adjust but then goes knee to knee. oh well, my bad for not seeing the second replay of it :gotme:

first off I must say … PAYBACK IS A BITCH

that spear was weak … if you even want to call it a “spear”, more like a jab. def not a smart move on brieres part, but he’s a small guy and that’s what small hockey players do usually, they use their sticks. when i played hockey, i used to take shots to the gut all the time and even when the lil guys got me good and the refs saw it, they would let it go. i say :tup: to briere for doing something about his cheap shot.

It was totally a dive by ovechkin, I was sitting first row right in front of where it happened.

:tup: to Briere, payback sucks.

Then you clearly didn’t see what caused this retaliation, it was not a byproduct of fast pace. Watch it and report back, the video is also on youtube.

Briere gave Ovechkin a shot to the balls (if he has any) as retaliation for a hit that could have ended Briere’s career…Or worse. If anyone disagrees with that, they are either ignorant, or stupid.

good he fuckin deserves it that cheap bitch. Especially after him hitting miller for no reason when no one was around

I think it was well deserved and the people who are like oh he is a scumbag for hitting him in the nuts. well you would be saying somthing else if that door was open all the way and his head and neck got seriously injuryed. I say thank you to danny.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMJrQhGoSg&mode=related&search. If you want to talk about dirty, it looks like mair kicked muri she he was down about 36 secs in.

my 3rd row seats at the other end > yours :stuck_out_tongue:

Sean 8================D

Chuck 8=======D

Douche…

:wink:

:word: I know those seats… you’d be able to tell from there if someone is fakin it

those seats also rocked :tup:

Let’s play out the worst case scenarios.

1. face smash from behind into boards = paralyzed or dead/

2. stick to nuts = 3 min stomach ache.

Also watching the replay, he clearly went at him with the stick on purpose, but he wasn’t even looking at him directly. There’s no way he went to the nuts on purpose.

Even if he had done it on purpose, you’re calling (sarcastically I hope) for 10 games? If Ovechkin gets $1100 for a potentially life ending play, Briere should owe Ovechkin a beer for this.

Bear in mind everyone, the dude who posted this thread is the same individual who posted the Official 06-07 Toronto Leafs thread. He’s doing nothing but trolling for a reaction, and we’ve already given him 3 pages.

:tup: :rofl: BUT it still was dirty, but it doesnt warrant a 10 game suspension.

it doesn’t warrant anything except a minor penalty. Maybeeee a major at worst. It doesn’t even compare to the cheep shot from behind nor does it compare to the sucker punch. Not the cleanest play, but i’ve seen more dirty checks then that poke.
Also give ovechkin 2 min for embelishing the action :wink:

It was a dive.

this ovechkin thing is getting blown way outta porportion… buffalo news this morning " he will be the most hated nemisis since bryan cox" give me a break cox had a habit of making an ass out of himself, i don’t see how one isolated incident gets fueled by the media like that. always digging for a story…