budget KA-T or i/h/e/c

I’ve been running my setup without any issue, stock bottom end. My setup was not cheap either, I took the time to build it correctly and the most important part of the setup was tuning !!!

well i have a ca18det now, but i’m tearing my hair trying to get it to run right and finding stuff for it. costing me more than an sr.

Next time go to a real shop bro or do it yourself, rather than go to a greedy, inexperienced, cocky one :wink:

Pm me the shop name if you could. I’m interested in this “shop bashing” I see all the time on SON.

^Whatever shop you go to, its probably better than what happened to me. lol

LOL +1

It’s more appropriate if Jed240 himself pm’s you the name, if he feels like it.:cool:

almost similar in many ways when it comes to hackjobs…trust me on that one lol.

ive had a sr aslong as i had it it ran strong. 3years of running it still ran as strong as it did when i first installed it in my car. i also took very good care of it.

Im going to be doing a ka-t setup for a friend we collected some of the parts so far, i did some research and were not gonna boost higher then stock just to be safe.
for the setup were going to use a t-28, sr injectors, megan mani, and using nistune. that is all the parts we have for now, also we will be running the coolant lines aswell most people dont run then when they go ka-t.

I say up your budget if u can, and get a little more reliable parts. you can sometimes get good prices on used parts that are in good condition. whatever you do just properly maintain your car.

or buy my SR swap that i just posted for sale

wheres this $600-800 ka-t kit your talkin about??? ive got cash on hand!!!

T25 - 125
Ebay manifold -125
SR Injectors - 80
Used FMIC - 100-150
2.5 Inch Bends - 100
Misc - 220

It can be done!!! Seriously.

A buddy and I turboed his shit for less than 500 with used parts, some dirt cheap, some free misc, but fact is turbo charged on the road for under 500. Car was runnig small boost but was stil considerably more fun and quicker than an stock SR. Thats not the norm, i know, but im just saying it can be done…ESPECIALLY for you Corpse, you already have a welder, you can make your own manifold.

(PS: I looked Corpse, I couldnt find the bolts, ill head to my mothers later to look through teh stuff there, ill text you.

it doesnt exist coz its not possible

to do it half decent u will be over $1000

I never said that it’s really a kit and nor did I say it was half decent or not. I just said that I’ve seen the same setup been passed around the forums like the town’s bicycle.

Then their KA-T blows and their setup is worthless and gets sold for $600 - $800 to the next kid…while they go to Varun and get themselves an SR motor this time.

And Ronnie is correct…however, not many do go with FMIC

T25 - 125
Ebay manifold -125
3 Inch turbo elbow - 50 - 80
SR Injectors - 80
Used stock SR smic - $50
FPR or SAFC - $100 - $200
Lines + oil pan $200

Total: $700 - $830

I’m assuming you probably have an exhaust anyways.

And then once you build that “kit” and you blow it up, you’re going to sell it for $600.

I’ll sell my kit if anyone is interested.

But you’re gonna need more than $600 for my garbage-non-reliable set up.

Hey, I will give you $601, and an sr20 :slight_smile:

hahah, pass and pass.