C6 Z06 blown engine not covered by warranty

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/2203669-c-6-z06-blown-engine-not-warranted-by-gm.html

Just for the record My engine blew while on track at a performance driving school and our friends at GM WILL NOT WARRANTY THE ENGINE REPLACEMENT. The warranty language states that they will not cover damage caused while racing or competetive driving. I was not involved in either situation. I was enrolled in a performance driving school that does not teach racing or allow any competition between students. GM refused to review my class enrollment documents, would not inspect my engine or go through its computer info to even find out why or what caused the engine failed. Many dealers told me that I would have been better off if I had lied add told them it happened on the highway. DO NOT TELL GM YOU WERE EVER ON A TRACK! good luck to all others that enjoy track time with their Z’s. I understand that they are changing the dry sump to a larger capacity tank for the 09’s. Im now considering a Lingenfelter built engine for my GM BLACKBALLED Z06.

Lol… GTR meet kettle.

I would have said it happened on the highway, AAA wouldnt have touched it either

Common sense, idiots like that have more $$$ than brains

This is like every companies policy

How are you comparing 1 car that we don’t have all the facts to, to an overall design issue?

NO ONE, not a SINGLE manufacturer covers a blown engine while at a track day, racing, DE, or otherwise.

seems like it would have been common sense to say this happened on a public road.

Funny how the Z06 and ZR1 are stated as being ‘track-prepped’ though.

BigRon: I’m not comparing design issues, I’m comparing similar warranty coverage.

Uhh yeah, that’s called marketing.

This is why JDM humping kids shouldn’t be allowed on the internet.

I suppose if he balled it up at the track, his insurance should cover it too?

Or if he miss-shifted, GM should buy him an engine?

Or if he was at a track like Streets of Willow or Shenandoah as was getting airborne causing their to be brief moments of oil starvation they should cover the bearings?

It’s called wear and tear, at your own risk. Everything isnt handed to you on a silver platter, you have to work for your shit, and cover your own losses. Sorry there are no bailouts for everyone. I repeat, NO ONE covers track use, NO ONE.

take that gtr haters!

anyone who tells their dealership about driving their car on a race track is a fucking morAn!

I’m a car enthusiast…I respect the Z06 for what it can do, but am frankly annoyed by the amount of people on the ‘GTR sux0rs cause of bad tranny’ bandwagon. They hate imports, so they latch onto and exaggerate every fault they can find :wink:

Oh, and:

False marketing.

Primary reason I posted this.

There have also been several z06s that have grenaded engines on the track on slicks that their dealers DID cover under warranty out of good faith even though they had every reason do deny the claim.

so he was at an event that probably requires driving your car harder then you legaly can on the streets, and wonders why GM wont cover the engine he blew while at said event ?

he acts like they arent honoring the warranty on a race car thats sold specificly as “not street legal”

I’m confused as to how your post (sidewinderidiotboy) relates in any way shape or form to this guy blowing his shit up at the track and then being pissed when they wouldn’t warranty it?

Are you implying that because they tested it on a track, and lots of people track theirs, that they should have covered his engine because it… happened on a track?

You’re more ignorant than I thought.

Oh and :lol: at false marketing, no, that would be a FANTASTIC job of marketing. They got you to buy a car, track said car, blow said car up, and then BUY MORE SHIT from them. Props to profit margins :tup:

time for insurance scam

Never say racetrack, sucks for him.
Another reason if your going mod new car, you may be better off having a real shop. With know rep. doing good work, and maybe even fixing some tuning problems for GM and dealerships. Over some guys garage. It could actually be in your favor getting a modded car at a track, like a z06, at the glen. Covered with a factory replacement engine.
Side note, after 20 mins run time, and 2x miles. A Z06 service replacement engine, will not have burned the paint ID marks off the sodium filled valves:snky:

I had that mentality when I was 16. My dad warned me I would do damage to my first “fast” car if I beat on it. I always said “Dad, it is built for being driven hard and raced”.

Really put my foot in my mouth on that one when I blew the syncros in the tranny and then a year later the car started blowing blue smoke. He spared me the “I told you so” speech.

i think i can see what he’s saying… its right there if people would actually read :wink:

“The warranty language states that they will not cover damage caused while racing or competetive driving.”

he’s saying he was at a driving school, and not racing anyone / doing time trails etc. so TECHNICALLY he should be covered. i would have never told them it happened on a track, but i’m sure hindsight is 20/20 for him in this case haha

on another note, did he say if he mis shifted or anything? because when you buy a z06, it shouldn’t fail from putting it around a track, its what it was made to do, no?

As I said in my last post, no. I want to see what the people on the ‘hate GTR’ bandwagon have to say about this…after all, these are very similar situations.

I’m glad you think I’m ignorant because of my 80 posts on this no-name forum :lol: Are you mad that I brought up an anti-domestic thread? o0o, this should get interesting!

edit: Adicted: he never said he misshifted or anything, but the dealership didn’t even try to check his car out other than saying his bone stock car had an excess amount of tire bits in the rear fenderwells…which they dismissed as burnout debris, therefore he was racing.

Besides, if he was at a driving school…don’t new ZR1 owners get a free day at a driving school for buying the car or something?

Sounds like the guy with the Mercedes that blew his trans while running the 1/8 at Lancaster during Shredd and ragan cruise this year

Driving in such a manner as to go as fast as possible around a race track. Not racing? really?