Calabogie HPDE-Club Race July 17-19th

Haha word!

Us kids wouldn’t blow up our Scirocco.
I hate you for that, just FYI. Fix it now.

Carastrophic kablooey that is…i will eventually post pics…been very busy getting the beetle ready to go. Scirocco is sans motor and waiting for me to go back to work on it…don’t worry…she’ll be back.

LS1?

No I think I heard Tom saying that he wanted the engine out of my mazda to put in it…

no, no, no…I needed a boat anchor and i said your engine would work just fine…

hey you guys. i need to get the mini coolant flushed since its 25k. Is 70/30 + Water Wetter adequate or do i need to run 100% water + water wetter for these events?

Either will work. 100% Water wetter and water is best, but no one will bounce you from the event for having coolant.

DJ- Are you still planning on a 10:30-11 departure? I’m shooting for noon, but I’ll head right to the track and meet you there for tech. I assume we’re then allowed to drop off then?

I was posting the info and lost it.

YES --CALABOGIE CARAVAN FROM ALBANY.

Meet at Colonie Center between 10:30 -10:45. Leave at 11:00 AM. Arrive at Bogie about 5:00 --check into hotel and then go to track for Tech at 6:00-9:00. Yes Trailer drop off at that time.
Do we want Rt 12 or 81?

Comments – Bring Stuff to burn on the BBQ. Bring a Cooler. Bring Bug Spray. Bring Bear Repellant, Bring rain gear.

Do NOT bring more than a case of beer with you. The border guard gave me crap last year–and their beer is better anyway.

DO NOT tell them you are working at the event OR an Instructor. As Al about the Body Cavity search he got for having an “instructor” sticker on the car.

I plan to stop at the duty free just past the border on the Canadian Side to exchange money and wait for anyone who got stalled going through. ( we lost All and Matt Z last year)

Going up the Rt5/Rt 15, 511 way off the 401 through Perth and Lanark. Corners are tight in two towns --but there is a truck route the next street over if the 2 car trailer is coming.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE OTTAWA TECH SHEET. ( does not apply to racers)

DJ

my goal will probably be to wait for you guys at the Pattersonville rest area and do a rolling pickup a little before 11:30

You have my cell #?

248-2264 --Send me yours and I will try to remember to call you.

two75-1170, I assume Tom is rolling out with you also

I think so --and he was going to make Joe go early too (since he is chief of tech)

Bruce and I for sure. Anyone else --Who knows

What a novel idea!

Still waiting to hear whats up with our travel plans…

I think Eric Smith was going to join the caravan also. Do we know if Byron, Zeke or Lyndo need rides up?

I just did a blanket email to everyone from local area I know is going --for those that do not frequent Shift. ( --Check your inbox.)
Byron is going up Friday. Lyndon will go with him if he gets his EDL.

Eric and Zeke are planning on going with us I think. I will talk to them Sunday if they do not reply to email.

Oh, I don’t really care where I sleep, (floor/dirt/parking lot/other) but are there any empty spots available anywhere with preferably dry conditions? Should I bring a tent (one that actually keeps water out)? Garbage bag? Saran wrap & duct tape?

Yes Bring Saran Wrap and Duct Tape. Tom and Jesse need it for something else.
There is an instructor selling a bed. $135 for Th-sat nights.

OR bring a sleeping bag and I am sure we will have some floor space. If you sleep outside Bring a 5 gallon bucket of Bug Spray --for each night.

Eric Smith is going, I just tech’ed his Evo this morning and spoke to him about it around noon. Says he’s all registered for the event